For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 356 posts

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not sure this is case closed. For years we've been fed the narrative that Australian players quit because of us questioning OP's decision to put Worlds there. Today we get word-of-mouth that a significant part of that has to do with actions of the OP director, and leadership's failure to condemn them -- perhaps far worse than we were all led to believe.

I'd like to know what all the cheating accusations were, how much higher leadership knew about them, and if they covered it up to protect their own. If you want to bring back Australian players, from their own voice, it sounds like you should start here.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:And if I said even a portion of what I was feeling, I'd be banned. So I'll just say he may not be the only one leaving over this crap.
Its not crap to alot of people.

TK

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:I'm not sure this is case closed. For years we've been fed the narrative that Australian players quit because of us questioning OP's decision to put Worlds there. Today we get word-of-mouth that a significant part of that has to do with actions of the OP director, and leadership's failure to condemn them -- perhaps far worse than we were all led to believe.

I'd like to know what all the cheating accusations were, how much higher leadership knew about them, and if they covered it up to protect their own. If you want to bring back Australian players, from their own voice, it sounds like you should start here.
Whyyyy do I agree with you? It makes me feel gross inside.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:
Marquetry wrote:And if I said even a portion of what I was feeling, I'd be banned. So I'll just say he may not be the only one leaving over this crap.

TK
I saw you two had posted in here and I came in to say "stand down, assholes" but you're actually right ugggggghhhh
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote:

TK
I saw you two had posted in here and I came in to say "stand down, assholes" but you're actually right ugggggghhhh
Finally validation from BenHosp. The struggle is real.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Thank you, Ken, for your years of dedicated service to the game both behind the curtain and in front of it. You have always tried your best to do what is right for the game, and your resignation today is no exception. I am grateful.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Se7enofMine wrote:
While I understand and respect your position, as someone who is relatively new around here nd as someone who doesn't know you specifically, I implore that you don't make any rash decisions.

The player base is already small. We lost a big contingent of Aussie folks. Let's not make the base even smaller.

You And MVB are clearly well known and high quality players. It would be a shame to lose you guys as well.

My apologies if I am crossing a line.
Class post.

Honest

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Obviously Ken felt it was in the best interest of the community to resign at this time. I don't think it's ever easy for anyone to walk away from something they love, and so I believe we owe Ken our gratitude for doing so.

Whomever follows as Director of OP will have to work hard to restore faith in OP for those who've lost it, while simultaneously winning over those who are unhappy with the way this scenario played out. It won't be an easy task.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Naetor wrote: For years we've been fed the narrative that Australian players quit because of us questioning OP's decision to put Worlds there. Today we get word-of-mouth that a significant part of that has to do with actions of the OP director, and leadership's failure to condemn them -- perhaps far worse than we were all led to believe.
Brother, it was also that. And the shit the flew at the event whilst and after it happened

Honest
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:Brother, it was also that. And the shit the flew at the event whilst and after it happened

Honest
Hopefully, this resignation will perhaps repair some of the damage caused during Worlds 2015.

TK
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Bosskamiura wrote:
Honest wrote:Brother, it was also that. And the shit the flew at the event whilst and after it happened

Honest
Hopefully, this resignation will perhaps repair some of the damage caused during Worlds 2015.

TK

We've got a lot of work to do - all of us - if we have any chance of earning back the respect of our Australian players.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:It might be informative to get a summary of just what's already been invested into Worlds 2018 at this point.
Whatever remains of the CC's credibility with Australian players.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: It is my sad duty to report that Ken has resigned as Director of Organized Play, effective immediately.
What's sad about it? It had become painfully obvious that his life was going to made a continuous living hell until he was driven away, so kudos to him for walking out now.

To folks thinking of applying, I give this caution - remember, you *will* fuck up eventually and piss these people off. And then they will follow and badger and harass and bring it up endlessly for years and years to make sure that you gain no enjoyment from this hobby. That's the precedent set today.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
AllenGould wrote:
MidnightLich wrote: It is my sad duty to report that Ken has resigned as Director of Organized Play, effective immediately.
What's sad about it? It had become painfully obvious that his life was going to made a continuous living hell until he was driven away, so kudos to him for walking out now.

To folks thinking of applying, I give this caution - remember, you *will* fuck up eventually and piss these people off. And then they will follow and badger and harass and bring it up endlessly for years and years to make sure that you gain no enjoyment from this hobby. That's the precedent set today.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0