For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:
KillerB wrote: I'm pretty sure that's how the housing market collapsed in 2008. This contest should be called THE BIG SHORT.
Next year I'll have the data to offer fantasy fantasy fantasy trek.

Anyone wanna deal in futures?
I'm wondering when we just start up horseracing-style odds...

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
AllenGould wrote:I'm wondering when we just start up horseracing-style odds...
If somebody actually manages to do that, I'm gonna host a weekly web show and present them.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm pretty sure I'm over-costed :P

Hoss-Drone 6
Johannes Mette 6
Naetor 6
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:I'm going to predict I'm awesome at predictions and I wasn't around last year so I'm cheap, easy win.

Bosskamiura - 9
Monty42 - 7
Latok - 4
Good picks!!

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Results for week 2 are in! I snuck 1e's 1 event headstart in the results as well.

Armus is the only pundit with a full house of 4 points, but like most of the top 5 seeds, not drafted onto any teams. Anyone regretting not paying 12? If you'd gone for any of the other top 5 your haul would've been 1, 2, 0 or 1 respectively.

The value picker of the week is Monty42, who netted 3 for LORE, Armus and Latok for a cost of only 7 points.

Week 2/1 Leaderboard:

Armus 8 points
Latok, LORE 7 points
BCSWowbagger, IronPrime 4 points
Pfti, Hoss-Drone, edgeofhearing 3 points
Monty42, Honest, PrylarDurden, Jadziadax08 2 points

... and the less said about KillerB and I the better.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Fritzinger wrote: The value picker of the week is Monty42, who netted 3 for LORE, Armus and Latok for a cost of only 7 points.
It seems that I excell at getting the 1E guys right. Probably because I know nothing about it :D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:Results for week 2 are in! I snuck 1e's 1 event headstart in the results as well.

Armus is the only pundit with a full house of 4 points, but like most of the top 5 seeds, not drafted onto any teams. Anyone regretting not paying 12? If you'd gone for any of the other top 5 your haul would've been 1, 2, 0 or 1 respectively.

The value picker of the week is Monty42, who netted 3 for LORE, Armus and Latok for a cost of only 7 points.

Week 2/1 Leaderboard:

Armus 8 points
Latok, LORE 7 points
BCSWowbagger, IronPrime 4 points
Pfti, Hoss-Drone, edgeofhearing 3 points
Monty42, Honest, PrylarDurden, Jadziadax08 2 points

... and the less said about KillerB and I the better.
This supports my hypothesis that teams of three are better than teams of two. Had I put myself and Monty on a team (the best two person pairing for the cost), I'd be at seven points right now. But Monty + TK + Nathan got me eight points. The number of darts thrown is every bit as important as the hit rate, and moreso if the hit rate is fairly even between pundits. 8 hits on two pundits is a 100% accuracy rate, which couldn't even have happened, but 8 hits on three pundits is a 66% hit rate - much more plausible.

In other words, despite being perfect so far, I'm not worth the money. Ditto MVB and Sonsteby.

What about a three man roster with a price range of $4-$16 and a Max budget of $24? That would make for some interesting choices
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]