For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 790 posts

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
monty42 wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:88 - Welcome to The Discord, KillerB!

Can we get a halleluja? Or whatever that is in klingon...
Its called "B´llshith".
You remind me of a young me.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:If there's anything Programming can do right now to help, let me know.
Did you have any ideas - I'm open to always improving.

TK
The thing that's constantly on the top of my mind is "we need to promote The Dojo on the website." But we don't currently have a place where we can DO that very effectively...

...but the new website, when it finally launches, will have some real estate dedicated to online play and I think that will have clear support on it for The Dojo.

So it's coming, but it's coming long-term.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:The thing that's constantly on the top of my mind is "we need to promote The Dojo on the website." But we don't currently have a place where we can DO that very effectively...

...but the new website, when it finally launches, will have some real estate dedicated to online play and I think that will have clear support on it for The Dojo.

So it's coming, but it's coming long-term.
That sounds great. But I think we don't even need to be thinking that large.

Small things help.

Like retooling the host syntax in the tournament listings directory. Lobban explained that is complex, but it isn't impossible. Better visibility for online events - etc.

How about even a dirt easy link to The Discord Channel on this site that isn't from a message board post that I put up? Or on social media?

TK
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:Like retooling the host syntax in the tournament listings directory. Lobban explained that is complex, but it isn't impossible. Better visibility for online events - etc.
It's on my list of "modest technical improvements to make after Project Delenn ships."
How about even a dirt easy link to The Discord Channel on this site that isn't from a message board post that I put up? Or on social media?
Could I use this icon:

?

If so, I have an idea but need to run it up the flagpole.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
bosskamiura wrote: How about even a dirt easy link to The Discord Channel on this site that isn't from a message board post that I put up? Or on social media?

TK
There's no link to Decipher, INC. anymore. A link to The Dojo could go around there somewhere.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:It's on my list of "modest technical improvements to make after Project Delenn ships."
Ok - Sounds good.
BCSWowbagger wrote:Could I use this icon:

?

If so, I have an idea but need to run it up the flagpole.
Yeah, that's fine. Only, if you're looking for a Dojo graphic, I have better ones.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:There's no link to Decipher, INC. anymore. A link to The Dojo could go around there somewhere.
Ok - so what will it take to get this done?

TK
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
bosskamiura wrote: How about even a dirt easy link to The Discord Channel on this site that isn't from a message board post that I put up? Or on social media?

TK
There's no link to Decipher, INC. anymore. A link to The Dojo could go around there somewhere.
I was actually thinking of replacing the TrekAustralia link at the bottom of the home page, since it's been dead for 5+ years. (It feels like we should keep the Decipher image even without a link, just 'cause we owe them our existence.)

But you're actually the flagpole I was going to run this up, so let me know what's best and I'll do it. :P
bosskamiura wrote:Yeah, that's fine. Only, if you're looking for a Dojo graphic, I have better ones.
Please give me one! Basically I'm looking for a 75x75 icon to put on the homepage.

This would be an easy swap. I could do it as soon as I have the image and a green light from Maggie.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.