For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:I mean ... I'm sure NONE of us want your marriage to suffer in any way. We care about your well being :)

I have a pretty big want list of cards .... just saying ;)

I kid, I kid.
Well, get your butt down to Continentals this June.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Just my butt? Can I bring the rest of me?

I will absolutely make an event some day. But it wont likely be this year :)

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
I'm disputing Maggie's theory.

I've heard many a trek wife complain about the space of their husband's cards, but I doubt a husband would.

We want our wives to have hobbies. Keep them from annoying us.

Brandy has stacks and stacks of fantasy books. Whatever. Ill keep getting bigger houses if it keeps her quite and happy.

(Disclaimer: this doesn't include same sex couples. I can't referee a league I'm not in.)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:I'm disputing Maggie's theory.

I've heard many a trek wife complain about the space of their husband's cards, but I doubt a husband would.
I'd say it's not the gender, but the household role - the person who does the housecleaning is the one who will complain.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:

I'd say it's not the gender, but the household role - the person who does the housecleaning is the one who will complain.
That's fine. Its been my experience it's a female who doesnt want her man to do anything but wait on the couch for instructions on what theyre going to do that weekend.

When they should be thanking Kahless that their husband's hobby is a star trek card game instead of a titty bar or cocaine.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:

We both clean house, so figure that one out.

He asked me if there was a Pendari Champion or any cards that were actually useful. [emoji7]

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:

We both clean house, so figure that one out.

He asked me if there was a Pendari Champion or any cards that were actually useful. [emoji7]

Now thats a keeper.

Funny story. I mentioned this on the STCCG facebook group. For the longest time, my wife made fun of me for loving star trek. About 4 months ago, I said "ok enough. If you want to make fun of it, you have to at least watch it. 6 episodes of DS9, the best series, imo." She said "deal. Its so bad I cant lose." Fast forward after 6 eps of season 1... "so what do you think so far?" her response? "shut up." SHE is now asking ME "sooo when can we watch more aliens?" We are now on the first ep of season 6 and she is HOOOKED.

Side bar: she will also randomly shout out "card" when she views a cool image on the screen, assuming that image made it on to a STCCG card. Muahahahah.

She's a keeper.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote:Side bar: she will also randomly shout out "card" when she views a cool image on the screen, assuming that image made it on to a STCCG card. Muahahahah.

She's a keeper.
My wife does the same thing, but that's because she's on the Art Team here and always looking for new images to put on cards. ;-)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Maelwys wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:Side bar: she will also randomly shout out "card" when she views a cool image on the screen, assuming that image made it on to a STCCG card. Muahahahah.

She's a keeper.
My wife does the same thing, but that's because she's on the Art Team here and always looking for new images to put on cards. ;-)
I'm incapable of watching Star Trek without doing this, both in terms of recognizing existing cards and mentally cataloging images for future cards. It was very distracting when watching Discovery!

-crp
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
Maelwys wrote:

She's a keeper.
I'm incapable of watching Star Trek without doing this, both in terms of recognizing existing cards and mentally cataloging images for future cards. It was very distracting when watching Discovery!
At least you can watch that in the comfort of your own home instead of Beyond in which the Theater would have kicked you out in minutes.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
So, I got this set sorted last week and hooo boy is it good! I have a full set of AU and QC. I have nearly complete sets of most of the other 1E sets, except Voyager and (strangely) Premiere are pretty sparse. There is some BB Premiere. Oh, and there is the equivalent of two packs of Holodeck Adventures, but I can’t find the 2nd rare. For the UR and premium cards, I have the following:

Silver border tin (complete set with a dinged tin)
A couple of Warp Packs
Full Klingon 2PG
Partial Fed 2PG, missing the Fed promos
Several OTSD sets
Future Enterprise x2
Future Enterprise URF
~10 BoG foils, including Jadzia and Locutus’ Borg Cube
Doctor McCoy
FO Spock (courtesy of a care package from Altoid)
JLP URF (also Altoid)
WB previews from The Dominion, except 7 of 9
Tons of other Reflections foils
Altoid also sent me a sealed SB tin, several Decipher-era 1E promo foils, more Reflections and BoG foils and a full Fajo Collection, including bubble gum and business card

I kept 3 of all commons and uncommons as part of the sets. The sets are currently in 9-card sleeves. Any extra commons and uncommons are residing in 800-count card boxes that are all stuffed to the gills. I even sorted the WB 94 separately from the 95. A lot of this stuff is being reserved for prize support at Continentals and future tournaments. If you are coming to North American Continentals, you are in for a treat.

Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Oh, and does anyone collect display boxes? I have TMP, The Borg, RoA and Dominion boxes.

That ship cannot use its transporters, but I think[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]

updated with VPs and Errata