For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Deathbymonkeys wrote:And please let Frakes direct the whole series.
Please don't!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I think now is the time for Star Trek to go forward into the 25th Century with a new series.

Set it in the first few years of the new century, with a cast that's a mix of new characters and familiar faces. Explore what a post-Nemesis, post-What You Leave Behind, post-Endgame Star Trek world is like. Perhaps incorporate elements of some of the possible futures we've seen.

The cast of TNG, DS9 and Voyager are still around and all the right sort of age to play their characters in an early 25th Century setting. Maybe bring back some of the kids, who would now be adults and have lives, families and careers of their own (e.g. Molly O'Brien would be in her late 30s, her brother and Naomi Wildman late 20s or early 30s, etc.) Create new characters, and show the legacy that the crews we watched in TNG, DS9 and Voyager left, much like how Kirk and crew inspired the Next Generation.

And maybe they could even do the Enterprise finale right, with the Titan-NX01 time travel team up we deserved!

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

This would be great news. I am so sick of sequels of prequels of prequels OR relaunches.
Continue the story after Nemesis and I am back watching Trek.

However, I believe it when I see it.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Maybe bring back some of the kids, who would now be adults and have lives, families and careers of their own (e.g. Molly O'Brien would be in her late 30s, her brother and Naomi Wildman late 20s or early 30s, etc.) Create new characters, and show the legacy that the crews we watched in TNG, DS9 and Voyager left, much like how Kirk and crew inspired the Next Generation.
I´m all in for a return of Molly.
Her actress, Hana Hatae has just recently played her role again in Star Trek Renegades and could be seen in an episode of Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares (Sushi Ko). Very lovable person, as it seems.

There havent been that many other Kids though and I think its more than unprobably that Molly hangs around with Naomi Wildman much. But I´d be very thrilled for a serious new-start with a couple of well -known faces, if only for cameos or guest roles.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Dunnagh wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Maybe bring back some of the kids, who would now be adults and have lives, families and careers of their own (e.g. Molly O'Brien would be in her late 30s, her brother and Naomi Wildman late 20s or early 30s, etc.) Create new characters, and show the legacy that the crews we watched in TNG, DS9 and Voyager left, much like how Kirk and crew inspired the Next Generation.
I´m all in for a return of Molly.
Her actress, Hana Hatae has just recently played her role again in Star Trek Renegades and could be seen in an episode of Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares (Sushi Ko). Very lovable person, as it seems.

There havent been that many other Kids though and I think its more than unprobably that Molly hangs around with Naomi Wildman much. But I´d be very thrilled for a serious new-start with a couple of well -known faces, if only for cameos or guest roles.
Well, if Molly and Naomi both end up joining Starfleet, wouldn't be out of the question they end up posted to the same ship/station. Characters like them really do represent "The Next Generation" of Star Trek, so seeing them turn up, even just in guest stints and cameos, would be a nice way I think to carry the torch forward. Much like how McCoy passed the torch to TNG, Picard to DS9, and Quark to Voyager.

But I do agree. A new series would need to be able to stand on its own, and would likely have a cast of predominantly original characters. But there's still a place to have a "Worf" too. :D

EDIT: Any "Picard" series I think is more likely to have him in the Admiral Ross kind of role, as an ally and perhaps mentor figure, rather than the lead... Well unless they go for something very different from the typical Trek formula. I could see them doing something like Picard discovering a conspiracy within the Federation and trying to foil it, or even a political thriller with him. As he's always been quite the idealist, willing to stand up when needed and say "this is wrong."

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Yes! Confirmed at STLV by Alex Kurtzman and Stewart himself!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
For me, the CBS All Access need is a deal killer. I'm already subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and WWE Network and may drop Netflix. This proliferation of VOD services is making all of them less worthwhile.

But I'm probably in the minority on that.

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]