For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I was under the impression that Old Man Picard’s life would primarily involve wine production, wine marketing, and wine consumption.

And if Whoopi’s not in this, what is even the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I am beyond happy that Patrick Stewart will return to the franchise.
However I'm also very apprehensive because apparently nobody at CBS knows how to make a decent Star Trek show these days.
I just hope Mr. Stewart comes out of this with dignity once they run the show into the ground.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm envisioning the series finale right now:

Old man Picard alone in his vinyard, reflecting on his Starfleet career, then keels over Godfather III style.

Cut to theme. Roll credits.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
They're probably gonna try to pull something insanely moronic. Like how everybody is on the de-aging trip now, I can totally see them trying to give us a show about pre-TNG Picard.
But de-aging is expensive, so digital hair is not in the budget and they're gonna make him wear a hair piece.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
monty42 wrote:I am beyond happy that Patrick Stewart will return to the franchise.
However I'm also very apprehensive because apparently nobody at CBS knows how to make a decent Star Trek show these days.
I just hope Mr. Stewart comes out of this with dignity once they run the show into the ground.
I am sure Sir Patrick would never agree to perform in any stupid show, therefore my expectations are high.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
vlasopes wrote:
monty42 wrote:I am beyond happy that Patrick Stewart will return to the franchise.
I am sure Sir Patrick would never agree to perform in any stupid show, therefore my expectations are high.
To be fair, he was in The Emoji Movie... :shifty:

But yes, I too have high hopes for this. I really hope they use it to show the next generation of The Next Generation, a future built upon the Star Trek world I grew up in in the 80s and 90s.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It’s gonna look different, and then you guys are all gonna go “waaa it looks different waaaa”

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
MattgomeryScott wrote:To be fair, he was in The Emoji Movie... :shifty:
He was just trying to be Professor X-crement.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
monty42 wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:To be fair, he was in The Emoji Movie... :shifty:
He was just trying to be Professor X-crement.
Honestly, I have seen the movie with my almost 2 year son and despite having seen and read many negative reviews regarding the movie, we had fun.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:It’s gonna look different, and then you guys are all gonna go “waaa it looks different waaaa”

Nah, it's going to be the 2390s if not the 2400s. We've only ever "seen" that period in alternate futures, all of which have been definitively overwritten. It would be perfectly reasonable for Starfleet design to evolve and even look more "futuristic" in that time frame.

Of course, that won't save it if it as plain fricking *ugly* as Discovery. The main problem with DISCO is that it looks like an MMO designer got high on cocaine with the guy who built Galactica, not that it is inconsistent with TOS. But it will still quell the constant teeth-grinding feeling of canon trampled.

(Btw: Pike's uniform is the single best thing in Discovery since "Captain Killy.")

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Small Brain: Married to Dr. Crusher
Big Brain: Married to Vash
Galaxy Brain: Married to Guinan
Universe Brain: Married to Wesley

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
A ST show actually continuing the franchise. That's rare.

Normally, all we see these days are pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-prequels.
(Lust like in MtG with Return to return to return to return to return to Zendikar or stuff.)

Well ... 20 years after the show.

I imagine the following: it allows the inclusion of ALL three shows - TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Janeway, Sisko and Picard are already retired. Ambassador Worf is hunting targ with Chancellor Martok.

Also ... imagine ... a post-Dominion war story about the Founders!
Or the Borg!
Or how the Klingon empire got back on its feet and how the Romulan empire returns to an existence in seclusion (well, I imagine they did).

Captain Kim. Captain Crusher (Wes, not Beverly). Admiral Dax (Ezri, not Jadzia), head of Stafleet Medical.

The Orion Syndicate?
(The Mirror Universe?)
Jake Sisko and Kassidy?
The Bajorans?
The Cardassian Empire rebuilt?
The Prophets?

I know, I am dreaming way to big, but the potential is there.
If Patrick has anything to say about it, this show MIGHT save the franchise.

There are so many stories to tell.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Seriously, the problem here is that Picard is a very interesting character, but (in part because of the Roddenberry Rule and in part because of the limited way that era of television was willing to tell stories stretching out over more than one episode) he doesn’t have a lot of interesting relationships or stories left to tell.
bhosp wrote:Small Brain: Married to Dr. Crusher
Big Brain: Married to Vash
Galaxy Brain: Married to Guinan
Universe Brain: Married to Wesley
That’s actually an exhaustive list (in ascending order) of the characters I’m interested in seeing Old Man Picard interact with.

Of course, there’ll be new people and stories in a new show, but if everything’s new, why make it about Picard?

Unless this is all marketing hype for a new post-TNG era Star Trek show that’s going to have Admiral Picard as a supporting character or something, which is probably the best-case scenario.

Anyway, in conclusion, I only like Discovery and DS9 now, the end.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I have made a ruling. In the case of “What should the Klingons look like in Star Trek: Retired Old French Guy?”, this court finds that Worf should look the same as he did in Nemesis, but all other Klingons (including people we’ve met before like Alexander or Martok) should look like Discovery Klingons. The discrepancy should never be addressed or even mentioned on-screen, and in fact ideally the people involved in the production should pretend not to understand the question when asked about it.

This is the only correct take and all other opinions are ruled to be Bad Takes and and anyone expressing them is Wrong Online.

IT IS SO ORDERED.

How can we Interact with a Stopped Ship?

(I personally file "2E did it" in the[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]