For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It was announced late last week that CBS All Access will soon be adding a third Trek Series. Dubbed Lower Decks, this animated series will feature a low-level worker on a lesser featured ship of the Federation. Details are still scarce, but the head writer of Rick and Morty as well as a spoof book on TNGs 'eighth season' is involved.

There is some good talent involved and as long as they don't wink at the camera, this could turn out well. Hopefully it will, because two seasons have reportedly been ordered.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:It was announced late last week that CBS All Access will soon be adding a third Trek Series. Dubbed Lower Decks, this animated series will feature a low-level worker on a lesser featured ship of the Federation. Details are still scarce, but the head writer of Rick and Morty as well as a spoof book on TNGs 'eighth season' is involved.

There is some good talent involved and as long as they don't wink at the camera, this could turn out well. Hopefully it will, because two seasons have reportedly been ordered.
Yeah I'm looking for it

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Well at this point the likes of Kurtzman, Abrams, Goldsman, etc. have hammered this franchise so far into the ground, I'd be surprised if any Star Trek show will see the light of day again. Let alone one being successful on merit and not because it has lense flares, is dumbed down and has a lot of senseless action sequences.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So Star Trek saw that The Orville was more Trek than anything they had going and decided to copy it. That's what I'm hearing.

As long as it's behind an internet paywall and not on TV it quite matter if it's good or not - it won't be seen by enough people and will likely get the Firefly treatment.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not a big Rick & Morty fan, but I want to hold off on judgment before I see it.
With Discovery, and hopefully the new Picard series, we got 'live action' Trek covered, so an animated series could open up Star Trek to a whole new audience.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Dukat wrote:

But a Star Trek animated series? Hm. Naaah.

I mean the first one was pretty good ::runs::
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
Dukat wrote:

I watched it for the first time recently, and it wasn't that bad. The biggest knock against it was that they were only 22 minute episodes - an hour-long animated could be just fine.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
Dukat wrote:

Holy shit, a third thing I agree with Carter on!

Star Trek is truly a unifying force...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I'm not a big Rick & Morty fan, but I want to hold off on judgment before I see it.
With Discovery, and hopefully the new Picard series, we got 'live action' Trek covered, so an animated series could open up Star Trek to a whole new audience.
I became very disappointed in myself when I realized that I enjoyed Rick and Morty. I mean, I already liked Community, and that was the same guy, but there's something about Rick and Morty that I feel like I shouldn't like, but I do.

Anyways, following a Dave Lister in the Trek universe could be fun. I'll watch it when someone hands me an external drive with three seasons of it (which, incidentally, is also how I ended up watching Rick and Morty).

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
TAS was awesome by 70's animation standards... it's just that those standards were abysmal compared to today.

Like, for example, most everyone would cite Yesteryear as the best episode, but man was young Spock's voice actor cringe inducing.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0