For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
AllenGould wrote:Do they ever make the point that the Ba'ku were somehow preventing people coming down to Spa Planet? (And again, big-ass planet means you can set up RisaII on the far side and the "primatives" will never ever notice - not that the Federation has a great track record for non-interference anyway).
They probably could have stood to make it more clear that that was a valid option.

I think (been a while since I've seen the movie), they do give lip service to the option with Dougherty concluding it wouldn't work because "some of them are too far gone".

Which I guess the end of the movie sucks for those guys...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
By the way, given how decisively this topic turned to discussion of Insurrection, does no one disagree with my ranty conclusion that everyone in Cogenitor except for Trip and the Cogenitor themselves deserves a Boot to the Head?

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Oh, no, you are spot on about Cogenitor. Archer gets forced to wear the a-hole hat a lot, which is a serious mistake when the actor you hired is Scott Bakula, and is a big reason why he is the least good of the five captains.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Boobs Joke and the Gilbert and Sullivan both weren't great, but at most they're like 3/4 on my list of sins.

Here are the two things that just kill Insurrection for me:

2.) The flotation device gag. The fact that this is the first thing that pops into my mind every time Insurrection is brought up means I'm incapable of taking it seriously, thus the fairly good argument that James makes is completely lost on me.

1. By a mile and a half) The epic fail plot discontinuity of the emotion chip. Once I get past the initial eyeroll of #2, all I get is nerd rage that a major plot point from a previous movie that had a fix in another previous movie gets totally and completely contradicted. And as a mere throwaway line to boot! AAAARGH :evil:

All of that said, I actually don't dislike Insurrection. It's in the bottom half of my rankings, but only just.

Coming out of the theater I thought it was a fun big screen version of an episode of TNG, and that's hardly a bad thing - they could have done much worse.

You might be able to convince me that Insurrection is one of if not the most underappreciated Trek movie though. There's a case for that for sure.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Saw this and felt it was appropriate for the thread Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]

This is true, though in 2e there are very few[…]