For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Great topic, I like these stories. Yes, Boffo, I know at least of a similar one; but that's about nerdy arguments. So we're good here.
Connor wrote:
Boffo wrote:Nerdiest ST:CCG related thing you have?
My Dad.
Priceless. :D
Jono wrote:My 1E Explore Dyson Sphere mission autographed by Dr. Freeman Dyson.
:o I wants it! I once attended a public, free lecture by Prof. Stephen Hawking, most parts of which flew over my pay grade but it was, of course, awesome. Sadly but understandably there was no way to meet with him. And I wonder if I would've thought to print and bring his card... :? No wait -- I didn't even know it (or TCC) existed, back then.
Maelwys wrote:My most memorable signed card is also a non-actor.
Out of all the conventions I used to go to (mostly working for Decipher) and all the actors that I met and got cards signed by, the one that stands out most is the Enterprise-C, signed by Eric Stillwell. He was in Toronto for a sci-fi convention (TorontoTrek, I believe), and there was a big line up at some of the other tables for the famous actors, but he was sitting at his table mostly by himself. So I looked up who he was, found out that he'd written the Yesterday's Enterprise episode, and since I happened to have a copy of the ship with me at the time, I took it over and asked him to sign it for me.
It seemed to really brighten his day, and I stayed there and talked to him about the episode for a little while before I had to head back to my own table.
You did good. And receive the SudenKäpälän Stamp Of Approval. (Which is worth... absolutely nothing. But you have it.)
DarkSabre wrote:I guess the nerdiest one I have is the guide book that was made for the game.
Does that count? :D I have it too, and read every word! But I thought it was just logical to have it, does that make it nerdier?

Detail: I had little money, so I was able to trade it at the store for a few vintage, damaged Star Wars action figures. Economically dumb (now), but no regrets.
admiral-mogh wrote:We had a batleth on our livingroom wall for many years.
Where is it now!? Tell me you still have it.
UncleMorty wrote:I tried to Name my Son Elim, but settled for Eli.
True story? :D That's... dark. Like, Obsidian Order dark. Your spouse agreed? They receive the SKSOA, too. :P
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I am also a music nerd, and my autograph collection is heaviest there.
I have many CDs and concert tickets with autographs of awesome rock and metal band members. And though unworthy :P I'm even named, among other things, in a few (obscure) CD booklet thanks lists! :o

Of Star Trek, I have Carel "Mr Homn" Struycken's autograph in my Trek clippings binder! :)

(I didn't have his card yet, and prolly I'd've been too... nerdy? ... with my single rare cards, to have it defaced :o signed. :wink: I really admire the courage of those who have only 1 or 2 of a card, and then let somebody -- even if an awesome somebody -- scribble on it. My proverbial OCD goes haywire even considering it. It takes guts.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
But wait, there might be something more nerdy than my autographs.

When a kid, I often had to make my own toys (boo hoo! :P No, it's cool, it helped me gain a [SD] ) 8) . So I didn't buy, but crafted my own TR 560 (TNG Tricorder), from wood. To serve as its screen, I cut out the card image of a Long Range Scan (I had enough of those). Which fit exactly to scale. I felt good. And nerdy.

Then... I went ahead and made my own virtual STCCG card with a photo of said prop ("Suden's Tricorder", let's see if I can't modernize it with the real fonts, and post a pic of it :) ), interacting with my other cards. (Of course, my own personnel card boosted its capabilities beyond ludicrousness. I was a youngling.)

Oh -- I didn't yet mention that, since 1999, I've been making my own STCCG cards of things and people around me? Doesn't everybody here?

Admit it. You do. :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey, people, I hope I didn't stall this topic with my monologues. I just enjoyed the subject.

So aside from sharing stories, I was also looking forward to more of your answer here, too.

Therefore, consider these topics bumped. :)

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]