For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Well that was a helluva lot of fun :)

So glad we got more Mudd
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
sexecutioner wrote:Well that was a helluva lot of fun :)
Teleplay is credited to Michael McMahan, nut I could swear it was ghostwritten by Mark Twain (literally!) So many fun things here. Riann Wilson did a great job in front of and behind the camera. He really hasn't had all that much directing experience, but did a great job here. Aside from some ships, there was the scene with the duplicates, but the rest seemed pretty standard.

There is some really great editing here with fun moment after fun moment. The Orion scene was just long enough to be effective, plus the security camera was hilarious. Trek hasn't had a straight out comedy for a while and this one delivered, both with dialogue ("... Space Whale?" "You kind of had to be there") and visuals.
sexecutioner wrote:So glad we got more Mudd
Not just that, but they explained a big mistake they made in Magic to Make the Sanest Mind Go Mad.

Now that we've seen all four, they were fun and irreverent. The acting, cinematography, visual style, etc. all hit their marks. The writing though, comes across a bit as fan fictiony at times. Some of these would have worked better in prose, but if we're getting more of these, throw a bit more money into casting and tighten up the writing.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
The cape gag had me in knots, they live in a future where capes are frowned upon hahaha.

I've still got 'Jippers on a beach' in my head on repeat.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]