For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Better get to Worlds 2019 in Europe unless you want to pay more.

Starting in 2021 all U.S. citizens will need a visa to travel to countries of the European Union. The visas won’t be free and to get one you’ll need to apply online, need to give European officials your email account and pay with either a credit or debit card.

I would not be surprised if the U.S. eventually requires the same of all EU citizens.

More info: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-c ... index.html

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Jono wrote:I would not be surprised if the U.S. eventually requires the same of all EU citizens.
Umm, that's already the case for quite a while now... :wink:

EDIT:
Since 2008 we have to apply online with our personal information and credit card. Costs 14$.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
Jono wrote:I would not be surprised if the U.S. eventually requires the same of all EU citizens.

Which, according to the news is *why* the EU is putting the restriction in.

Of course, if they hadn't left Her Majesty's Commonwealth there wouldn't be a problem.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Just in case you have to visit the US embassy/consular be prepared not to bring these items: https://de.usembassy.gov/wp-content/upl ... tomers.pdf
Don't be early more than 15 minutes and bring your fingers for fingerprints.

My guess is this is a political revenge. Just wondering if this will also affect military US personnel stationed in the EU if they want to leave their base.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Jono wrote:Better get to Worlds 2019 in Europe unless you want to pay more.

Starting in 2021 all U.S. citizens will need a visa to travel to countries of the European Union. The visas won’t be free and to get one you’ll need to apply online, need to give European officials your email account and pay with either a credit or debit card.

I would not be surprised if the U.S. eventually requires the same of all EU citizens.

More info: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-c ... index.html
Sean, i'm quite sure i've had to do all of those things each time i went to the US. And provide fingerprints upon entering, of course.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:
monty42 wrote:
Which, according to the news is *why* the EU is putting the restriction in.

Of course, if they hadn't left Her Majesty's Commonwealth there wouldn't be a problem.
According to the article, only citizens of five EU countries actually need visa to visit the U.S. and the dispute is over that:
The United States has been in a dispute with the EU's European Parliament and European Commission over visas for Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania and Cyprus. Travelers in those five countries are the only EU nations that the US requires to apply for a visa.
The 2008 requirements are likely part of the REAL ID Act in the U.S. which was passed after 9/11. Part of that act finally goes into effect in 2020 in the U.S. where state driver’s licenses will be required to be compliant with the act or citizens of that state won’t be able to use the ID to board an aircraft for any flight.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
In practice many EU citizens use the Esta visa waiver program, which sets us back 14 dollars, requires a passport, must be applied for online, paid by credit card or paypal, and sounds pretty much like what you describe the other way round in your first post. Apart from personal data we are required to provide information on destination, contact person in the US, our employer, and emergency contact details at home.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:In practice many EU citizens use the Esta visa waiver program, which sets us back 14 dollars, requires a passport, must be applied for online, paid by credit card or paypal, and sounds pretty much like what you describe the other way round in your first post. Apart from personal data we are required to provide information on destination, contact person in the US, our employer, and emergency contact details at home.
Honestly, I don't see much issue with this going either direction. Might be a good idea knowing the personnel info, where folks are going emergency info etc... In case of emergency alone

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Mogor wrote:
Kaiser wrote:In practice many EU citizens use the Esta visa waiver program, which sets us back 14 dollars, requires a passport, must be applied for online, paid by credit card or paypal, and sounds pretty much like what you describe the other way round in your first post. Apart from personal data we are required to provide information on destination, contact person in the US, our employer, and emergency contact details at home.
Honestly, I don't see much issue with this going either direction. Might be a good idea knowing the personnel info, where folks are going emergency info etc... In case of emergency alone
Not that there is. Honestly, there's nothing to content here. It's all just fine.
That however is a problem for these boards. People who come here wanna be right above everything else. Now if there is a topic we all just agree with, nobody knows what to do.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We're fine with it, it's just one extra step to traveling- we have to get Visas to go to Australia already, this sounds like close to the same thing except it will be good for 3 years instead of 1 year!

It is a good thing to be aware of though, hopefully as it gets closer to implementation it will get more publicity for those who may not hear from travel blogs/friends/etc.
Temporal Benefactor questions

3) only the regular skills are shared

First: Michael Burnham Last: Saru

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]