For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
All you people should note the wisdom of Suden Kapala and imitate it!
Suden Kapala wrote:What does "bunglement" mean?
I made this word up. It's intended to mean "a thing that was bungled." To "bungle" something, in English, means to do it badly; make a mess of it; screw it up; create a SNAFU; ruin it by incompetence; fuc--

"That's enough, Commander Data!"

Yes, sir.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote:Obvious follow up: What's SNAFU mean? :wink:
I've always heard it was an acronym for Situation Normal: All Fouled Up... except not Fouled.

That may be an urban legend though.
 -  
Community Contributor
Synonym of FUBAR, TARFU, and BOHICA. :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:All you people should note the wisdom of Suden Kapala and imitate it!
Huh? What do you mean? What did I do? (Except being glad that you provided us with our flawed but interesting and novel fan theory? Ah -- you wish to be worshipped.) 8)
Boffo97 wrote:I've always heard it was an acronym for Situation Normal: All Fouled Up... except not Fouled.
No urban legend. Just that. And indeed, not 'fouled'. :P

Next one up: FUBAR. A hint: Don't dail F for Fouled.

Oh -- James was ahead of me, introducing an element that's FUBAR, in an already unstable situation. :)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Synonym of FUBAR, TARFU, and BOHICA. :D
BOHICA is a new one to me.

Once upon a time I remember seeing a categorization of the various acronyms in some sort of ascending order.
 -  
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:Ah -- you wish to be worshipped.
Just call me Vaal.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
:D :cheersL: :cheersR:

But hey -- at the risk of re-acquiring topic...

y'all know by now that I love this game and everything about it. (Yes, you lot, too. And the original and intermediate makers as well.) So I think I can say this.

Why -- WHY!? -- has there only been 1 (one, uno, a single, uksi, één, eine) version of the Data persona with SCIENCE?! And not even in 1e!

This might be my biggest beef with the game, ranking even before AU Major Rakal (but after my ultimate beef which, of course, is 1e Dorry Collins. Fix her INT already. :P ).

Seriously, how can Data, usually the closest on-screen thing that Enterprise has to an acting* Chief Science Officer (funny in itself, for a deep space exploration vessel) not have SCIENCE in 1e? If something needs to get the shit scienced out of it, Data (or Wesley) do the sciencing. (Yes, Wesley could do with a Science persona too, but less urgently so.)

*: He does have his official positions as Operations Manager and Second Officer, but he never gets shoved aside by a resident full-time science expert, either.

Well, perhaps it can be remedied in the future. :)

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.