For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Top 5 Trek Moments. I'm curious as to what yours are.

They can come from:
TOS, Animated TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Discovery or ANY of the Movies.

::I'm working on mine atm::

TK
Last edited by bosskamiura on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh, this is good:

#5: Tasha Yar telling Wesley Crusher that drugs make you feel good. -- one of many unintentionally hilarious lines when watching Star Trek now in 2019

#4: Garak, pretty much any time on screen. -- perhaps the most interesting character in Star Trek history

#3: Kurn as an exchange officer, noting casually to the bridge crew during a dinner that he almost killed Riker. -- my favorite of the many hilarious one-liners throughout the series'.

#2: Sisko watching Jake grow old, saddened that he ruined his life to find a way to save his dad, then realizing he killed himself to reset the timeline. -- always makes me cry when I watch this episode, brilliantly placed after Way of the Warrior II to bring back the human aspect of Trek.

#1: Worf telling Picard, "if you were any other man, I'd kill you where you stand", and Picard replying, "get off my bridge". -- just the most badass scene of all time, goosebumps thinking about it

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
5. Ruafo taking out Dougherty - you never make deals with the devil and have them turn out ok.

4. The Magnificent Ferengi - nog teaching them how to fight.

3. The Clown - brilliant performance all-around. One of Voyagers redeeming moments.

2. Armus killing Yar - she was a main character and was just not expected to go out like that. Then worf being a coward and opting to stay on the ship instead of go on the away team.

1. Pretty much any moment from Confessions in the Pale Moonlight. Just so much good stuff in that episode.
Last edited by prylardurden on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote: 2. Armus killing Yar - she was a main character and was just not expected to go out like that.
8)

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
#1 "They took everything I was"

#2 "Computer, erase that entire personal log"

#3 "There are 4 lights"

#4 "Suddenly I'm not thirsty"

#5 "It looks ordinary, I've never cared to be ordinary"

Explanations later :P

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
5. The Borg ship flying over the camera in first contact followed by the defiant attacking it. The absolute highlight of 1996 for 15 year old kevin.

4. The whole clown episode. Really enjoy it. I especially love: t
Clown: "Red alert, red alert! We're under attack!"
Then moments later:
Janeway: we've lost.
Clown: we've won! We've won!

3. "I will not allow any more ships to come through the wormhole."
"YOU WILL NOT ALLOW!?!"

2. The second battle of Chin'toka. You could just feel that something was about to go horribly wrong. Sisko was warned not to go and the battle starts with him acting very confident. When he orders the abandon ship, the klaxon sounds like the defiant's death wail. (Now go back and watch that scene with that in mind and I dare you not to cry) It was a devastating scene that truly hit me hard and really drove home that the writers were raising the stakes and willing to kill sacred cows to tell the story right. It would have been my number one except...

1. When Jadzia dies. I "knew" Terry Farrell was leaving the show but man it truly sucked to watch my favorite character die. When dukat stands over her and delivers his apology, you almost believe him. Marc Alaimo may be the most underrated actor in history.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Christ, this was tough. SO many good moments. But here goes:

5. Similitude. For as much as most of Enterprise was, imo, awful... I thought this episode was fantastic. The argument of clones/symbiots is an interesting one and is pretty prevelant to this day. Connor's acting, which I generally thought was flat, was very good in this episode. The scenes with Tripp and the Captain and Tripp and Phlox were particularly good. I had a rough relationship with my dad, to say the least, so the scene with the following dialogue "Yes, there is. You see, I don't just remember Trip's childhood. I remember mine. You made a damned good father." "You were a damned good son" ...........

4. Three Voyager episodes with Robert Picardo .. Warhead, Tinkor Tenor Doctor Spy, and Message in a Bottle. Different types of episodes but I thought that Picardo was fantastic in all of them. His anger and aggressiveness in Warhead and his humour in TTDS/MitB were both top notch. In MitB, his interactions with Andy Dick make me laugh everytime.

3. I know I'm taking the cheap way out here but, really, *almost* every episode of Seasons 5, 6, and 7 of DS9. There are far too many great moments in these episodes that picking just one or two, is almost impossible. Of course, a highlight of mine is in Sacrifice of Angels and Weyoun's hand clasp and exclamation "time to start packing" .. gets me everytime.

2. There are a few parts in First Contact. One was mentioned earlier "if you were any other man..." Fantastic line. But for me, it was Picard in his Ready Room with Lily. The "line must be drawn here" scene was just perfect to me. Stewart made me believe he was really THAT hell bent on revenge. To see Picard, who is normally calm - cool - collected, lose his shit and show THAT much emotion? The little flinch by Lily when he screams at her? Goosebumps...every time.

1. The Wrath of Khan. Honestly, the whole movie is ridiculous in it's awesomeness. But, Spock dying and Kirk just falling to the floor is just .. ugh. I remember the first time I saw it, around age 9, and crying my eyeballs out thinking Spock was dead. That scene, to this day, still makes me tear up. People can shit on Shatner and his poor acting but that scene was beautiful. Conversely, and this will not be a popular opinion, I really enjoyed the reversal they pulled in Trek into Darkness. As the scenes were unfolding, I kind of saw it coming and I feel they delivered it pretty well.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:#1 "They took everything I was"

#2 "Computer, erase that entire personal log"

#3 "There are 4 lights"

#4 "Suddenly I'm not thirsty"

#5 "It looks ordinary, I've never cared to be ordinary"

Explanations later :P
#5 When Lwaxana takes off her wig and reveals her real hair to Odo in an attempt to get him to let his guard down and return to his gelatinous form. It's a great moment from a usually overbearing and loud character. A big moment for both her character and Odo being stuck in the lift and having to let their shields down for each other. I always felt the love from Majel Barrett bringing this character to life. She was a huge part of Star Trek and will not be forgotten.

#4 The moment everybody was waiting for. Victory on Cardassia, time to drink the blood wine. That sickening feeling knowing the death toll had soured the victory. One of the darkest moments of the entire show.

#3 Every fan of TNG knows this one. A stunning performance by Patrick Stewart being interrogated by the brutal Gul Madred. Never giving up his resolve and not being broken by his torturer.

#2 Sisko's final words after In the Pale Moonlight. He wanted to tell the story but was still deeply ashamed of the whole saga. Avery Brooks speaking directly to the camera captures the attention of the viewer. Really the entire episode is critically acclaimed and part of Trek folklore now.

#1 Family. After fighting with his brother Jean-Luc breaks down. Suddenly realising what the Borg had done to him had left some very deep scars. This scene where he pours out that anguish of being used as Locutus and feeling so helpless is one of the moments of TNG that will always stay with me. I'm sure I watched it as a young man but never really took notice but when I made a full rewatch years later as an adult the scene had a very powerful effect on me. Just one of the many great performances produced by Stewart allowing the viewer to understand the self loathing and grief of being assimilated, Picard fully exposed without his bridge crew or Starfleet uniform.

As a side note this experience of Picard is used as a character builder for Sisko. Picard knows what he did was very hard to forgive. The Borg killed people using him as a tool, they killed Jennifer Sisko. Directly taking this experience and using it to kick off DS9 was brilliant.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
5. There are too many
4. Great moments
3. across the entire history
2. of Trek to list only
1."computer. erase that entire personal log."

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:5. There are too many
4. Great moments
2. of Trek to list only
Well played, sir.

*Slow Clap*
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
pfti wrote:5. There are too many
4. Great moments
2. of Trek to list only
Well played, sir.

*Slow Clap*
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
There are so many, hard to pick five...

5. "Sir, we just received a transmission from Bajor. Kai Winn is on her way to the station..." Sisko: rolleyes, *sigh*
4. "Excuse me... What does God need with a starship?"
3. "It's a fake!"
2. "So you came back to learn the secret of my filing-system...", Duet
1. A second chance in life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGvUDvZ7KyU

Honoroble mentions: "He is dead Jim...", "Assimilate this!", "Don't forget to aim it at a Klingon...", "And you shot Moogie!", [The Doctor, singing]: "Paris please find a way, to load a hypospray...", "Ehm, ehm... It, ehm, is not over between us, Lwaxana...", "Let me ask you a simple question: Do you want to die?" :)

And many more...
5. There are too many
4. Great moments
2. of Trek to list only
:thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In the Pale Moonlight and The Visitor have already been covered so I'll go a little more unconventional.

5.) The scene in "Yesteryear" where young Spock has to choose between Human and Vulcan paths in deciding the fate of his pet that got poisoned by saving him from a predator. Yes, a TAS moment is in my top 5. TAS was my gateway into Trek at an early age.

4.) The climax of "The Inner Light" where Picard as Kamin is reunited with his dead wife and best friend, which pays off the emotional tension built by her death scene and the realization that his grandson won't live a full life.

3.) Tasha Yar embracing her fate in "Yesterday's Enterprise." This is my favorite TNG episode and when Tasha talks to Guinan and then goes to Picard and asks for a transfer because she wants her death to mean something, I got some serious chills.

The last two are my biggest "Holy Shit!" moments that caught me off guard the first time I saw them and then left a lasting impression.

2.) The opening sequence of "In A Mirror, Darkly" where the famous First Contact scene went from handshake to shotgun. Then that opening credit sequence. WOW!!! I always liked the Mirror Universe and in 2 minutes they did so much world building that it was easily my favorite moment of the entire Enterprise run.

1.) The cold open of "Cause and Effect." 12 year old me saw this episode on its air date, and to this day I remember sitting on my parents' couch with my jaw on the floor all through that first commercial break wondering WTF just happened. That is my most vivid Trek-watching memory and was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread, so for me it's an easy #1.

Good thread! :cheersL:

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
I need to watch more trek, thats for sure. I forgot about half of the mentioned scenes and I´ll probably forget more.

Here´s 5 in no real order.Just #1 is #1 for me.

#5 Getting to know Tucker died. The whole episode was a bummer, but this hit me.

#4 Jadzias Death.

#3 Picard's emotional collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzoxcErOc8

#2 Mendak realizing he´s been framed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmldpYnFzw (around 02:18)

#1 "Mr.Worf - Fire!" - best cliffhanger ever. I´ve never been more excited about a new season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7KFfbjg3Iw
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]