For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I recently printed a whole deck........ realized i needed one more card.

how do i print it? the search engine brings up the image but if i try to print from there, the image is too large.........
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
You can add the card you need to the deck, then print the deck again but set everything but the needed card to zero. It will generate the single card.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:I recently printed a whole deck........ realized i needed one more card.

how do i print it? the search engine brings up the image but if i try to print from there, the image is too large.........
Add it to the deck builder. It can be to an existing deck or you can create a new deck.

Click 'print deck'

Zero out any cards you don't need printed.

Hit the Print button and it should generate a one card pdf with the right card size.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
What I do is copy the card into a blank Word document. It is easy to scale it using the rulers on the Word document. You can then copy and paste the scaled card again and again for as many as you need. Then just print the card(s).

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:What I do is copy the card into a blank Word document. It is easy to scale it using the rulers on the Word document. You can then copy and paste the scaled card again and again for as many as you need. Then just print the card(s).
I'm not sure if with the emphasized part you mean visually aligning the image size to the graphic rulers, in order to get desired result?
In any case, instead, I use the image properties dialogue (via right-click > properties), and then manually feed in the correct height and width. My experience is that this yields very accurate results, depending more on your printer hardware than on the software. Thanks for reminding me to share that solution.

If this is what you meant after all, then... well... read the above simply as "+1". 8)
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:What I do is copy the card into a blank Word document. It is easy to scale it using the rulers on the Word document. You can then copy and paste the scaled card again and again for as many as you need. Then just print the card(s).
I'm not sure if with the emphasized part you mean visually aligning the image size to the graphic rulers, in order to get desired result?
In any case, instead, I use the image properties dialogue (via right-click > properties), and then manually feed in the correct height and width. My experience is that this yields very accurate results, depending more on your printer hardware than on the software. Thanks for reminding me to share that solution.

If this is what you meant after all, then... well... read the above simply as "+1". 8)
I set the margins for the sheet to "narrow". I then eyeball the image and drag a corner grip, reducing the size of the card until the card is 2 1/2" wide per the ruler on the top of the Word document. Word scales the image proportionately so the card ends up being the right height as well. That's good enough for me to cut out by hand and stick into a sleeve.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wow, you can (as in, 'dare') do that by the seat of your eyeballs!? :D I'd never trust myself with that.
In any case, now you (and/or other people) know there's an even more accurate way in Word (like I described above) -- which you can ignore, because it takes more time per card.
And whatever works (fastest), does work (bestest). :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Make a new deck with 1 card and print that deck.

Heres my way.

If you want step by step

Click deck builder.
Click create new deck
Put a in each box.
Click basic deckbuilder
Click card type
Pick your card
It will add it to the deck.
Click save
Click the main cc home in the middle of the page.
Click deck builder
Click print deck
If you don't see your card it means the card is broken on the site. I have found vp cards have a big chance of not being in the print pdf. So if your card does not show up then go back and pick a different version of your card (If available).

Put how many of the card you want to have on the pdf.

Click print.
It will pop up with a name box.

Finish it up it will be your forever.

Take it to office depot or staples self service machine. You don't have to worry about any copyright bs there. It is all on you not them.

Print

Take home

Sleeve up with common trek ccg card

Enjoy

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you don't see your card it means the card is broken on the site. I have found vp cards have a big chance of not being in the print pdf.
That's strange. I've not seen that with the many Traditional cards I've entered in tens of decks. So, as you say, it may be a problem exclusive to sume subset of sets. (But on the other hand -- I've never tries to print only 1 or a few cards as PDF -- always half or whole decks.)

Do you have examples of such cards? I'm sure whomever it concerns will ask for them.

I have seen -- once or twice -- problems with, seemingly, very specific arrangements of decks; one or more cards are then "represented" by a stretched image of a deck category text box. This is "solved" by NOT printing the deck list along with the card images -- but print each of those two option as a separate PDF.
I've not found it worth noting, but perhaps I should've done so earlier.

Now there's two puzzles to solve! 8)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:
If you don't see your card it means the card is broken on the site. I have found vp cards have a big chance of not being in the print pdf.
That's strange. I've not seen that with the many Traditional cards I've entered in tens of decks. So, as you say, it may be a problem exclusive to sume subset of sets. (But on the other hand -- I've never tries to print only 1 or a few cards as PDF -- always half or whole decks.)

Do you have examples of such cards? I'm sure whomever it concerns will ask for them.

I have seen -- once or twice -- problems with, seemingly, very specific arrangements of decks; one or more cards are then "represented" by a stretched image of a deck category text box. This is "solved" by NOT printing the deck list along with the card images -- but print each of those two option as a separate PDF.
I've not found it worth noting, but perhaps I should've done so earlier.

Now there's two puzzles to solve! 8)
Just pick cards that say vp next to them in the deck builder. Print the pdf. You will see cards missing on that page.

Seriously it has something to do with the (VP) cards.

The cloud vp dilemma is one of them. The rare one will show up on the pdf.

I stumble on to this the hard way. I thought I had cards in my pdf. When I got home from printing them. I was missing cards.

I just did a test with only VP incidents. There is 7 of them. When I clicked print deck. The page where I select the quality of each card. There was 6 cards. Protect the timeline VP does not show up. The other ones work just fine.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]