For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
From my POV, I think you are an interesting enough person, Disco, to have created some confusion! :wink:
You started your tenure here with a topic about the series (as if you were already "known" around here and in the game area, sort of), and also you mentioned something about having done something with decks (printing -- which is possible, but far less easy, without an account) months before you signed up, so that was... interesting as well. :P

No problem, of course. Glad to have you here! :thumbsup:

This is just to explain why there was confusion about you maybe being someone else. 8) Nothing personal!

Edit: Oh. I missed this.
Well, I'm not surprised -- my nerd forensics sense did work fine, after all. (I myself "caught" both of the clues I mentioned, early; but since there was no harm being done IMO, I chose to ignore them until somebody else would feel the need to mention it. Then, I tried to diffuse it -- because, no harm done. Then, I totally missed an integral post. :shifty: ) I'm surprised at myself for the nerd gut feeling, positivey; and for the blatant overview of a public post, negatively. 8) :P

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
BCSWowbagger wrote:Eh, it's one click. The forum has built-in sockpuppet detection software, which works well in most cases.
Which makes it just more sad.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Eh, it's one click. The forum has built-in sockpuppet detection software, which works well in most cases.
Which makes it just more sad.
On the contrary, in this case. From Wowbagger's posts, I deduce that this is a legitimate account, from an IP and/or location which has not been banned, so while it was peculiar, it's also not-violating-anything. (Correct me if wrong.)

So, that's good to have verified, right?

Well -- but yes, it IS sad that we don't HAVE to use our nerd-gut-feelings and nerd-conventional-forensics (like READING) anymore haha!

In that sense, you're right, Monty! :)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I'm just happy to learn that multiple accounts are AOK. Finally, I'll have some intelligent conversations around here!

:shifty: :P

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Never give up on your dreams, Allen. :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKäpälä (in Trek V) wrote:If I'm not careful, I'll end up talking to myself.
Yeah. I think that's what Allen meant, too.
I like you, man. You -- you get me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:
SudenKäpälä (in Trek V) wrote:If I'm not careful, I'll end up talking to myself.
Yeah. I think that's what Allen meant, too.
I like you, man. You -- you get me.
You reach me, man. That is real NOW!

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]