For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 584 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:young soong is just lore in disguise
Problem: have they talked about Lore at all previously? They've done generally a good job sketching in backstory for the folks who didn't watch TNG, and I don't recall the rest of the Family (Lal is presumably stored somewhere, Tainer might actually still be "alive") being mentioned.
AllenGould wrote:... Hugh runs the Borg Reclamation Project. (Which, for the purposes of this show is all you need to know about the guy.)...
And Lore would be the guy running the Android planet. I mean at this point we don't know much more about the Soong kid either, so...
Huh. While we also have Seven running a fledg(e?)ling society -- the xB-population on the crashed cube -- on the same planet, this might be an interesting premise for a surface conflict. Not that I want to see it, though.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:... Hugh runs the Borg Reclamation Project. (Which, for the purposes of this show is all you need to know about the guy.)...
And Lore would be the guy running the Android planet. I mean at this point we don't know much more about the Soong kid either, so...
Sorry - didn't mean to say they *couldn't* have set up Lore (or Tainer or Lal for that matter) to be Android Planet Leader Person. But as far as I remember they *didn't*, which means it's unlikely they're gonna pull arsepull that in the finale. (Not impossible, because Bad Writing is a thing that happens, but unlikely.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
In a whole other vein -- I'm still pissed off, and I want to show it! Already made the avatar, based on my previous "Angry Anakin" version (but I'm not THAT pissed-off any longer, LOL).

Would y'all think that the below avatar would constitute a terrible spoiler? I don't think so -- read the text, I'd say! -- but I can't discern it, because I know what happens. Will the wreath be perceived as intended -- i.e., my epitaph for the show and not for the character?
RIP ST PIC (APhSh-res).gif
RIP ST PIC (APhSh-res).gif (8.49 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
karonofborg13 wrote:
My crazy thought, is the golem Jurati got to observe... might it become Android Picard???
Not so crazy now, ehh?! Called it.

It was kinda cool seeing Captain Riker aboard the Zhenghai (?). Too bad it was just an entire fleet of Zhenghai (?) class ships and no Prometheus, Sovereign, Akira, Steamrunner, Defiant, etc. classes.

Riker's uniform was sharp, though.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
I have just seen the last episode and honestly I am overwhelmed by the emotions. I am really happy for Picard that he could finally say goodbye to Data. A very strong emotional moment for me. I wish I had the very same opportunity in a real life. Not being able to part with a beloved person is a burden many of us carry.
Last edited by vlasopes on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:i found the end extremly cringy
I really enjoyed the finale. My only moment I didn't care for was when Raffi and Seven were holding hands. :borg:

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote:My only moment I didn't care for was when Raffi and Seven were holding hands. :borg:
When you think about how bad Chakotay was with women it's the only thing that makes perfect sense.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
That was fine.

The ending would have landed better if they hadn't announced Season 2 so far in advance - we sat there going "yes, yes, very sad we know he's not dead get on with it".

And we had to straight up pause to finish laughing at Sterilization Pattern Number Five (and bless Tamlyn Tomita for just going Full Ham on that line). That needs to be a card title. (Also, why do the Romulans need that many versions of planetary sterilization?!?)

The headscratcher was "um, why is Rios letting everyone stay on his ship and what are they supposed to be doing now?" (I'm wondering if the series was mostly shot when they got the renewal, and that's why there was no time to set up a "Starfleet blah blah you're a something or other go adventure" scene.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Just finished watching. Allen summed up my reaction pretty well.
AllenGould wrote:That was fine.

The ending would have landed better if they hadn't announced Season 2 so far in advance - we sat there going "yes, yes, very sad we know he's not dead get on with it".
AllenGould wrote:And we had to straight up pause to finish laughing at Sterilization Pattern Number Five (and bless Tamlyn Tomita for just going Full Ham on that line). That needs to be a card title. (Also, why do the Romulans need that many versions of planetary sterilization?!?)

The headscratcher was "um, why is Rios letting everyone stay on his ship and what are they supposed to be doing now?" (I'm wondering if the series was mostly shot when they got the renewal, and that's why there was no time to set up a "Starfleet blah blah you're a something or other go adventure" scene.)
KillerB wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:My only moment I didn't care for was when Raffi and Seven were holding hands. :borg:
When you think about how bad Chakotay was with women it's the only thing that makes perfect sense.
I would have been fine with it if they had spent any time at all in the previous 9 episodes setting that up. But they didn't, so :?
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Why are y'all so negative about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it you know.

By ias
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Eh, the dumbest thing for me was that the fleet...

a) Engaged the Sirena holograms and the orchids, even though they only needed one ship to fly around them and shoot at the colony,

b) That the fleet would give up so easily (I mean, their, what, 10.000 year journey led them to this and they back off without a fight? Again, all they need is one ship to fly to the planet). These are the guys who destroyed a rescue fleet for their own people for this (on paper willing to sacrifice 900 million of their own), and... that's it?

c) It was a beacon, right? Not just a portal. The super advanced synths know where they are now, so what's to stop them for trying again? Hell, who's to say that the colony won't try again? In fact, shutting down the beacon should make the super synths want to come even more, right? Someone called out for help.

And so many more things. The fact that Seven just... left the xB's on the planet? After saying they'd be lost without them? Or are they on board? Where was Narek after they apprehended him? Did everyone forget Agnes up and cold blooded killed someone? Why in the world would Soong give up his only spare body (now Maddox is dead) for saving someone he hardly knows?

I had such high hopes for this show, you guys. What a bummer.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I enjoyed the final episode, but I dont like the Federation ships. Somehow they lack a certain aesthetics. :?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
For what the series turned out to be, I did like this episode (at first viewing). Many issues with it, indeed -- but also positive sides. (What Trek series / episode doesn't have its downsides?)

I think Seven's broader/different sexual preference was already referenced more than enough by the dialogue between her and Evil Icheb Killer Bitch -- they'd been a couple, or at least intimate. Whether Raffi's side of same was set up, I'm not sure. I didn't find it cringe-worthy. (That's reserved for Elnor crying in Raffi's lap. That scene didn't work for me.)
On a side note -- Seven rebuffed most advances during Voyager, because -- it seemed -- she wasn't interested and/or had better things to do. Extrapolating that to here is not a stretch at all, for me.

A friend of mine pointed out -- the whole series is about freedom for synthetics. Then why is an arguably criminal (or vehemently patriotic?) synthetic simply turned off, and never mentioned again? Right now it seems as if Soong decides she doesn't deserve to live -- like Lore was dismantled, too. But if Data is sentient and has rights... should that not be addressed more in grayscales? Why can anyone decide whether these androids are on or off? Incarceration... maybe certainly. But if the synths have their own, sovereign society... isn't it their rules/laws? Not mentioned.

Which reminds me. The general populace of Synth City didn't seem to have, or want, a say in any of the matters... Was it established that suddenly, Soji made all their decisions for them?

I think we all knew that Android Picard was a distinct possibility; so the extensive grieving scenes in general were a bit... too long. That time could've been cut in half and used for better purposes -- since no audience member in their right mind thought Picard's death would last.

I agree on the Fed fleet not being great on several fronts -- and I'm not sure if I liked seeing Riker. I loved his dialogue, but his asking to / being reassigned, and going there for those 10', seems... off. Honestly, if it had been Admiral Clancy(? -- the tough, ludicrously swearing, lady) I might have found it less... well, off.

I also agree with Data's final goodbye arch being an interesting closure -- but even more so for Data than for Picard. The esthetics of the simulation were great (the darkness; grey, like non-textured 3D models; reminiscent of Holmes and "Lucasian housing" in All Good Things), somehow. I could (and want to) defend the underlying plot (i.e., Data's motivations; and HIM not being transferred into the golem) being lame in a certain sense; but I prefer to look on the bright side -- we lost Data long ago, and that was Mr Spiner's prerogative. The way we lost him sucked -- now THAT plot "twist" and scene in Nemesis were REALLY lame, for me. This episode spends quite some time bringing closure to that very moment -- which works for me. So it actually also repairs that flaw in Nemesis, incidentally, for me. Which is nice.

Still, Hugh. And, of course, Icheb. Lame deaths. Yes, if anyone asks, I'll give my full, diverse, meandering opinions. But my official position (whatever that means) will be that I'll simply hate this series until hell freezes over.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The whole Fed fleet flew away.

Hey Rommies come back they're wide open :P

Oh look Seven's now gay. I'm a bit heartbroken that the Chakotay thing wasn't happily ever after because of what they put us through in Voyager setting that up.

I know what Riker was saying was fluff but it annoys me that they're still saying "faster ship". What does this one do transwarp or warp 9.9999999999999999 WTF DO YOU MEAN!!!!??? :?

Yes other people have already commented on this and Jurati might be not guilty for reason of mind altering mindmelds with crazy half vulcans but she still needs to be put on trial.

Elnor is still shit. His crying scene was the worst thing in the whole season, I mean Picard wasn't even really dead.

As with every episode of this season I enjoyed parts of it and hated other parts. A real love hate relationship with this show. I hate being an entitled fanboy but this show has a lot of flaws that can't be overlooked.

(I personally file "2E did it" in the s[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Keywords are written in lore, not implied

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]