For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 584 posts

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:I know I’ve said this before but I’d really expect Old Man Picard to be more sad and haunted than he seems in especially the new trailer. I know that’d be kind of a bummer for a tv show, but really this guy should be constantly waking up screaming from nightmares where the Borg Queen is asking him how many lights he sees.
I totally welcome the (comparatively) happier tone. I think it could be more interesting story telling. As your "Old Man" trope reference implies it's kind of played out.

Discovery suxs wrote:So what does everyone think about andriod at the end being a hologram of data? Spiner flat out said it is not B4 in the drawer. He also said it would be a data never seen before in star trek. Data says captain but picards rank is admiral in star trek picard.
I think I saw the same panel interview. Spiner didn't really say flat out not B4. The impression I got was a more coy not exactly B4 or Data as we knew...

One thing Stewart said was that Data was only on screen a short time (presumably as we saw in SDCC trailer) but he would somehow be present in a different way in more episodes. I think that's what "never before seen" is referring to. I don't know what it means, ... but there a few ways that could work...

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It is pretty much certain at this point that Picard pulls out B4 to download Data's memories and produce a holoprogram to talk to.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Discovery suxs wrote:So what does everyone think about andriod at the end being a hologram of data? Spiner flat out said it is not B4 in the drawer. He also said it would be a data never seen before in star trek. Data says captain but picards rank is admiral in star trek picard.
My money's on it being B4; Star Trek folk (understandably) have a habit of obfuscating/lying when asked direct questions about upcoming shows/features. Exhibit A - Pegg saying Cumberbatch wasn't Khan.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Possibly the only way the trailer could have been better IMO...
Attachments:
67838362_1294686187367324_3934736646443892736_n.jpg
67838362_1294686187367324_3934736646443892736_n.jpg (134.74 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:
My money's on it being B4; Star Trek folk (understandably) have a habit of obfuscating/lying when asked direct questions about upcoming shows/features. Exhibit A - Pegg saying Cumberbatch wasn't Khan.
They're starting to get cheeky about it too - Frakes was wearing a custom shirt that said "Don't Ask Me - I Signed an NDA" at his STLV panel.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Danny DeVito as a Ferengi or else I'm boycotting this show...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Danny DeVito as a Ferengi or else I'm boycotting this show...
That... or Schwarzenegger as a Pakled.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
sexecutioner wrote:Danny DeVito as a Ferengi or else I'm boycotting this show...
Yes but the Ferengi are now black lizards with two dicks!
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
Yes but the Ferengi are now black lizards with two dicks!
Isn't Rom Nagus? That means by Picard, space is gonna be full of IKEAs. Friendly, spacious, full of stuff you want, and you can't leave without spending a hundred bucks minimum. :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Indeed it's really a good place, FERENGiKEA (Disco and I particularly like the Klingon chef in the restaurant), but as Allen says -- a bit of a nuisance that the exit doors don't open before you've spent enough [Rule] .

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Breaking News!

Several reports hint that JLP actually is the new Borg queen!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
The new trailer is up.

Enjoy!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Well... it's a great Star Wars trailer...

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Data looks like someone wearing a rubber mask.

Also I thought I saw Nechayev for a second. It seems like I’m wrong, so now I’m mad that Picard is arguing with a white/platinum blond-haired Admiral who’s not Nechayev :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.