For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Anyway, I'm surprised that no one has decided that the franchise movie market is tapped out right now.
They're still making money. Until we see multiple bombs at the box office (and ones that do well with the critics - not just bad movies that deserve to bomb), they'll keep making them. The studios are so consolidated that they don't need to risk making a new project when they've got multiple back catalogs - no risk of those Nostalgia Mines running dry any time soon.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fertoo OS(!?) wrote:I enjoy the Kelvin timeline movies for what they are. It's like... the turkey bacon of Star Trek. If you want bacon, and you get turkey bacon, you'll be really disappointed. But if you know you're getting turkey bacon, and you're in the mood for turkey bacon, it's really tasty.
I remember someone saying the exact same thing. Some months ago. Well, almost. And I think it was about the same subject. It may have been our Imperious Leader, Lich. (He's not evil. He's actually a great person, as far as I can tell from the other side of the world. I just liked to put in a BSG reference. Perhaps because I'm reading Ready Player One.)

So, Fertoo -- I'm not familiar with that OS, myself -- welcome here! Glad you could join us. Imma see what else you've written, to see where you come from and what you're up to here. I hope it's to play First Edition STCCG with "Traditional" Decipher-produced cards... because you're a collector-turned-player, like me... but prolly not, LOL!

Anyway. I actually have the same opinion as you (and the-person-that-may-be-Lich), on the Kelvin/JJA films. I like them progressively less by each subsequent sequel, but the last one was "hmm, okay, I wasn't bored but slightly irked at times at some of the makers' obvious lack of understanding of Trek" while the first one was "hey, this is weird, but in a fun -- and oftentimes funny -- way!"

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wait... WTF!? Uncanny? LOL? I don't know how to feel. But I actually remembered(!!) that text from Lich... and Fertoo (Deetoo?) copied it. (My memory is really challenged, so that's part of why this really intrigues me.)

If you're a real person -- my making fun of the handle is in good fun. I've actually started a topic somewhere (redundantly, I believe, even) asking people to explain their handles, because I like knowing what's behind them.

If you're a bot -- why did you just copy text, and not add any commercial information?

EDIT: Ah... never mind; it was indeed bot, with commercial link elsewhere. Additional copied shreds of text to make it seem more legit. (Hadn't seen that before -- except for this site, I'm not so forum-savvy. Duh!) I'm so anxious to welcome new players, that I start talking to bots. I will go away again for a few days to feel ashamed at my apparent loneliness. But because it may be funny for y'all to read the above, I'll not delete it.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]