For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Ensign Q wrote:would have been awesome if borg ship dilemma always starts there.
The number of cool things missions could do with an extra line of game text is staggering.

As is, perhaps this is an idea a future card can explore.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Too bad it doesnt name Borg in the lore.
Otherwise a seedable card could allow to start borg dilemma at mission with borg in lore

that said, maybe design can change cardboxes to contain more than 2 or 3 lines finally.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
MidnightLich wrote: I consider it reasonable that, since its discovery, J-25 would be a prime site for a early warning/Borg research facility. In game, that could be an outpost. Is it a stretch? Sure. But is it unreasonable? I don't think so.
I suppose they could have put a "no outposts here" on the mission, but I don't know if there's a good gameplay reason for it.
Making it "any crew" would have been my move. No attemptability icons = no outposts (except Neutral Outpost).

I've filed my mild complaint, though, and, while I do indeed think Charlie's explanation is a stretch, I will now move on with my life. The card is still fine, and there's lots of stuff I AM happy about in this set to focus my attention on instead. :)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Making it "any crew" would have been my move. No attemptability icons = no outposts (except Neutral Outpost).
Except then Feds still get an outpost there, it's just a different color. :)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
AllenGould wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote: Making it "any crew" would have been my move. No attemptability icons = no outposts (except Neutral Outpost).
There's a reason we didn't do this, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

-crp

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
probably so its not as easy stealable, considering its a 40points one.
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
There's a reason we didn't do this, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

-crp
I'm actually interested in this. My assumption had been that you did it to make the card more playable (IIRC, it was having playability problems), but I never saw data that indicated it actually did make the card more playable, so maybe it was going for something else.

I'll ask in the Q&A thread.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
I would also have thought that J-25 was situated in the [1E-DQ] - why would the Borg already be in Alpha but noone has ever heard of them?

Where in the Quadrant would J-25 be?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:I would also have thought that J-25 was situated in the [1E-DQ] - why would the Borg already be in Alpha but noone has ever heard of them?

Upper right past El-Auria?
 -  
Community Contributor
The Alpha Quadrant is huge and full of extra space. Although canon sources are not entirely consistent, it's pretty strongly implied a few times that only a small fraction of the Alpha Quadrant (maybe 10%) has been explored by the Federation and its near-neighbors, much less settled.

The Star Trek Star Charts, a book I sometimes complain about for its stupid Alpha/Beta delineation but which is based on very solid research, depicts essentially every single thing we've ever heard of as existing within a ~1000 light-year radius. (The Alpha Quadrant as a whole has a radius of ~35,000 light years, although it isn't a circle, so that's not quite the right measurement.)
 -  
Community Contributor
Mind, the "only 10% is explored" raises the question of - how much of Federation Space is bordered by someone else? (Or put another way, who has access to the "empty" 90%?)

That map is interesting, because it begs questions like "Were the Romulans seriously cutting through Fed space on a regular basis to do the Rom/Car treaty?" and "How are the Ferengi, masters of the free market, limited to such a tiny chunk of space?"
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Keep in mind that space is also 3 dimensional. I imagine large portions of these territories overlap in the 3rd dimension.
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:Keep in mind that space is also 3 dimensional. I imagine large portions of these territories overlap in the 3rd dimension.
Maybe in the real world, but in Star Trek land space is pretty clearly 2-D. That's how all the ships are always facing the right way. :D

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:I would also have thought that J-25 was situated in the [1E-DQ] - why would the Borg already be in Alpha but noone has ever heard of them?

I love how this map has two Nelvana III's. One near the antares maelstrom and the other near the typhon expanse in romulan space.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]