For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:Hey I remember posing this challenge in the chat room years and years ago, only I had more positions and you had to choose characters from different IPs altogether.
The fault I see here is justification. We all (should) know Trek and the characters so it's not hard to justify. But choosing people from entirely different franchises requires justification that unless the series is known could be impossible to get across.
I kinda like the idea of "across franchises", but I suspect the article is Trek-only because it's clickbait for Picard.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:Hey I remember posing this challenge in the chat room years and years ago, only I had more positions and you had to choose characters from different IPs altogether.
The fault I see here is justification. We all (should) know Trek and the characters so it's not hard to justify. But choosing people from entirely different franchises requires justification that unless the series is known could be impossible to get across.
I kinda like the idea of "across franchises", but I suspect the article is Trek-only because it's clickbait for Picard.
I'm not saying 'across franchises' is a bad idea I just think trying to justify cross franchise decisions would be nearly impossible to do.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I can't remember the entire crew I came up with but it had William Adama (BSG) as captain, Susan Ivanova (B5) as first officer and Rupert Giles (Buffy) as counselor.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
AllenGould wrote:Friend pointed me to this Gizmodo article asking what would be your Ultimate Star Trek crew, and that seemed like an entertaining thought exercise.

Jobs to fill:
Captain
First Officer
Tactical Officer
Science Officer
Doctor
Communications/Ops Officer
Conn Officer
Chief of Engineering
Crew of the USS Jaeger

Captain: Sisko. Best captain. Fight me.

First Officer: Riker. Basically like having another captain.

Tactical: Tuvok. Need a vulcan around to do random vulcan things.

Science officer: Jadzia. Love me some Jadzia and she can at least take the conn in a pinch.

Doctor: Bashir. I like my dr's to be the literal best while also not being synthetic..... :shifty:

Ops: Data. This ship is the best of the best so I'll make a synth exception here.

Conn: Sulu. This ship needs more sex appeal. Oh my.

Chief engineer: Torres. TOO SEXY TOO SEXY......

BUT I MUST!

bonus points to anyone who gets that reference....
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Love the concept. How can we get this as an Incident/Objective?!?

My Bridge Crew:

Captain: Benjamin Sisko
"There's an old saying: 'Fortune favors the bold.' Well - I guess we're about to find out."

First Officer: Kira Nerys
"Oh, that little toad is this far from doing a 360 out an airlock!"

Tactical Officer: Ro Laren
"This is ridiculous."

Science Officer: Spock
"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Doctor: Leonard McCoy
"I don't need a doctor, damn it, I am a doctor!"

Communications/Ops Officer: Data
"Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing."

Conn Officer: Jadzia Dax
"After 356 years and seven lifetimes... I still lead with my heart."

Chief of Engineering: Miles O'Brien
"I'm no angel, but I try to live every day as the best human being I know how to be."
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Man, this is hard. I wanted to give some love to all the series, so I spread it around a little bit. Otherwise, my list would be mostly TNG with some TOS folks. Anyway, here's the crew I came up with:

I.K.C. Chan-steby

Captain - Jean-Luc Picard
First Officer - Spock
Tactical Officer - Worf
Science Officer - Jadzia Dax
Doctor - The Doctor
Communications / Ops Officer - Hoshi Sato
Conn Officer - Data
Chief Engineer - Montgomery Scott
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]