For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Friend pointed me to this Gizmodo article asking what would be your Ultimate Star Trek crew, and that seemed like an entertaining thought exercise.

Jobs to fill:
Captain
First Officer
Tactical Officer
Science Officer
Doctor
Communications/Ops Officer
Conn Officer
Chief of Engineering

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Captain: Kirk
First Officer and Science Officer: Spock
Tactical Officer: Worf
Doctor: McCoy
Communications/Ops Officer: Data
Conn Officer: Paris
Chief of Engineering: Scotty
 -  
Community Contributor
My list, serving on the U.S.S. Get S*** Done, the ship you send when you don't want to spend two acts debating the merits of interfering in a civilization to save the hostages because you already Got It Done.

Captain: Martok (on loan from the Empire). Honorable, but tempered with a solid core of "I ain't got time for your crap". And someone's gonna need to keep the rest of these people in line (until it's time to let them go Get S*** Done.)

First Officer: Elizabeth Shelby. She fought Borg for a living, your little squabble ain't nothing.

Tactical: ex-Empress Phillipa Georgiou. She has the #1 qualification for tactical, which is "when she shoots at something she actually HITS IT". Also is the designated "or... we could just kill them" suggester.

Science: Mora Pol (on loan from the Bajorans). Burnham's a bit too obvious here, so had to dig a bit deeper for a scientist with good intentions but lax ethical standards. OTOH we're probably not sending this ship to go study nebulas, y'know?

Medical: Pulaski. Because she's awesome, and who else is gonna get this crew to show up for physicals?

Comm/Ops: Nog. He's our fixer and our hacker. We're gonna need stuff that Starfleet doesn't need to know about, and he'll get it for us.

Conn: Ro Laren. Paris is too much a softie.

Engineering: Torres. Who knows what parts Nog is gonna scrounge up, so better have someone who is used to working with off-brand, y'know?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
For my ship, I'll borrow my greatest ship name ever from Star Trek Online:

The U.S.S. Your Mom.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
These answers! :lol:

I made too many of these lists -- and actually thought about writing fan fiction with them -- to be able to arrive at one definitive one. Let alone that there's too many wonderful (and horrible) characters to work with. But... I'll think about it. And I love reading yours, so keep 'em coming.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:My list, serving on the U.S.S. Get S*** Done, the ship you send when you don't want to spend two acts debating the merits of interfering in a civilization to save the hostages because you already Got It Done.

Captain: Martok (on loan from the Empire). Honorable, but tempered with a solid core of "I ain't got time for your crap". And someone's gonna need to keep the rest of these people in line (until it's time to let them go Get S*** Done.)
This hurts my brain. I love a gruff, crusty Klingon commander as much as the next guy, but with a name like that, how is Edward Jellico NOT the captain?!

4 shift rotations for everybody! THAT'S how you

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Hey I remember posing this challenge in the chat room years and years ago, only I had more positions and you had to choose characters from different IPs altogether.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's mine, the U.S.S. Team-B

Third of its name, the first two were destroyed in heroic action. This -B .... is taking a different tack.

Captain:

Best boss ever!

First Officer:

When all your full Commander first officers are otherwise engaged.

Tactical Officer:

Never met a door he couldn't fail to open.

Science Officer:

Is he studying rocks or hitting the rock? You decide.

Doctor:

They don't need a real doctor. It's not like they'll be doing anything actually dangerous. A little analgesic cream now and again should be sufficient.

Communications/Ops:

In this Officer Exchange Program, Klingons don't send their best...

Conn Officer:

Let's not pretend crashing the flagship of the Federation into a planet doesn't carry consequences....

Chief Engineer:

Unclear whether or not he can Make Us Go...
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: This hurts my brain. I love a gruff, crusty Klingon commander as much as the next guy, but with a name like that, how is Edward Jellico NOT the captain?!
A fair alternate. I was never a fan of Jellico, which is probably why he didn't come to mind.
 -  
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:Hey I remember posing this challenge in the chat room years and years ago, only I had more positions and you had to choose characters from different IPs altogether.
Oh, I'm sure it's a perennial (I mean, it's from Gizmodo to fill space for the ST:Picard premiere!)

By Dmour
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Love this exercise!

Meet the U.S.S. OP

Captain - Jean-Luc Picard

Thoughtful, rational, strong-willed and decisive. What else could you ask for in a Captain? TNG had it's ups and downs and other series may be consistently "better" to many but nobody took it higher than Patrick Stewart, regardless of the material given.

First Officer - Grabbing Kira Nerys on Loan from the Bajorians here.

Former freedom fighter. Quick to act, gets results and is a perfect buffer to delegate orders through. In regards to Picard, a Yin to his Yang as far as approach goes. Strong sense of duty.

Tactical - Tuvok

Tuvok could fill most of the roles listed here but his keen Vulcan mind, calm and rational in the face of danger and knowledge of tactics give him the edge here over my other pick, Worf.

Science - Spock

Reason: IT'S SPOCK

Doctor - Julian Bashir

A very difficult decision here. Debated Flox (Wonderful bedside Manner), EMH(My fav Dr. overall) and Bones ( Please see reason for Science officer pick) but Bashir has one of the most satisfying character development in DS9 over all other Dr.s not to mention he is genetically engineered to be the best at what he does!

Comms/Ops - Data

Cheating a bit here but had to get Data on the crew. Can fill just about any role needed. Not going to find anyone better at interacting with the Computer and getting things done with split second timing and expertise.

Conn- Tom Paris

Once again, very satisfying story arc from brash loose cannon to family man. Most skilled pilot in Starfleet with outside the box solutions to seemingly impossible circumstances. Also, Captain Proton!

Engineer - "Trip" Tucker

Who better than the heart and sole of the crew to tend to the heart of the ship? Personality and ingenuity for days. Love all the Trek Engineers but Trip is far and away my go to here.
 -  
Community Contributor
Dmour wrote: Comms/Ops - Data

Cheating a bit here but had to get Data on the crew.
I wouldn't call that a cheat at all - Ops was Data's "official" job on the Enterprise.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Dmour wrote:Doctor - Julian Bashir
... Bones ( Please see reason for Science officer pick)

Reason: IT'S SPOCK
So... Bones while he's carrying Spock's Katra? ;-)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:Hey I remember posing this challenge in the chat room years and years ago, only I had more positions and you had to choose characters from different IPs altogether.
Oh, I'm sure it's a perennial (I mean, it's from Gizmodo to fill space for the ST:Picard premiere!)
I came up with it on my own, and I thought mine was more interesting since you actually had to know more than just Trek.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The fault I see here is justification. We all (should) know Trek and the characters so it's not hard to justify. But choosing people from entirely different franchises requires justification that unless the series is known could be impossible to get across.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]