For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Guys, what are we doing?

What are we doing?

I've been watching the growing tension on these boards for the past three months with great unease.
What's going on here? I mean the atmosphere has never been the warmest here granted, but now!?
Is it the virus that's gotten to everybody's head? Or is it the fact that we can't go out and yell at eachother in person?
Fun fact: We don't do that! We've never done that.
I have met many of you in person and I can honestly say that each and every one of you is as nice and genuine as you can be.
Only on the damn boards do a lot of us behave like enormous assholes.
I have no clue apart from the apparent ones why these boards turn so many of us into the mirror universe version of ourselves but this has to stop.
Right now I'm at a point where I'm inclined to say shut the damn boards down.
The entire community is fractured into these small camps. You have the Corbett guys, you have the green badge guys, you have the Dojo guys... just to name a few.
I mean come on guys. This is clique shit like we're in high school again.

I'm too old to go to high school again! I've hated this shit back then and I'm hating it even more now.

If we don't start a healing process and bring this community back together now, then very soon there will be nothing left but scorched earth.
And as much as some of you (maybe subconsciously) try to set everything aflame right now, I'm still willing to believe that nobody wants that.

I'm very politely asking each and everyone of you to take a couple of deep breaths, maybe step away from the boards for a couple of days and try to look at everything from an objective perspective.
If everybody is willing to be the bigger person, we can all meet eachother halfway.

This might be the most Hippie thing I've ever written but then again this is also the hairiest I've ever been so...

Starting next Sunday I'm going to start having round table meetings.
I'll try to help begin the healing process by having people talk to eachother.
So I would be very happy to get representatives of as many of the "cliques" as possible but basically everybody who wants to attend is invited to take part.

Everybody please remember what this community revolves around: Star Trek! So I dare everyone of you, let us start working together for the betterment of humanity.

Thank you for reading.

Regards
Ben
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I do not know where I am viewed on this spectrum, but my door is always open. If there are folks in the community that take issue with things I have said or done, please reach out. I have been part of some unpopular decisions over the past few months, and if there are questions regarding how those decisions came about I am willing to answer them to the extent that I can. You may not like the answer, but I will at least give you one.

By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I wish you luck. The forums are a horrifying mess right now. It legitimately makes me sick to think of someone thinking of coming back to the game, seeing this dumpster fire, and walking off.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks for doing this

Honest
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks monty, great post. I hope some of the damage is still repairable, and that this effort will bring it on the right path forward.

I consider myself a neutral bystander, but as someone who has had a warm heart for Trek and the card game since 1E alternate universe came out, would love to see these boards as a safe haven and inspiration for all Trek fans and 1E/2E/Tribble players.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
willraiman wrote:I wish you luck. The forums are a horrifying mess right now. It legitimately makes me sick to think of someone thinking of coming back to the game, seeing this dumpster fire, and walking off.
If I hadn't been coming here for years AND didn't know many of the participants personally, I wouldn't stick around. The fun is being sucked out of the game. I remember when discussions were about the game, the cards, the strategies and the fun. We've lost most of that. What Ben said in the first post is true. Everyone here is a really good person - in person. On-line it's a different story for some of us. I just want to play and have a good time. Hopefully, that opportunity will continue. Time will tell.

Rick
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm going to try to make this.

TK

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
bosskamiura wrote:I'm going to try to make this.

TK
Thanks. :thumbsup:
Director of Second Edition
By tjark
 - Director of Second Edition
 -  
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E German National Second Runner-Up 2022
Hi Benjamin - I m in. Thanks for doing it.

Tj
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]