For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Hello everybody,

on Sunday June 21st, noon Eastern, I will be hosting the first community roundtable.

The idea of this is to provide a neutral ground on which community members who have differences with one another can meet and resolve their issues face to face in a more constructive manner than five page long bitch fests on the message boards.
As with King Arthur's roundtable, everyone who decides to participate will be considered equal.
Please note that this meeting will not be recorded or streamed anywhere. It's only intention is to provide a forum for people to talk.

During the remainder of the week I will be sending out invitations to members of our community whom I'd like to participate.
However an invitation is not required. If you'd like to participate, either shoot me a pm or just be here on Sunday. The link to join the meeting will be posted here shortly before it begins.

Ben

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Giving this a bump. Anybody who's willing to join is very welcome. I'm looking at you, nay sayers :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NAY SAYERS!!!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Quick reminder, this will start in just about an hour. I'll post the link here shortly before we begin.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
So this happened today.
I'd call it a moderate success.
We had 10 people participating and we talked for about 3 hours.

I'm very grateful to all of you who participated.

I think we took the first step towards a better understanding. Obviously there's a lot of emotional baggage and a lot of hurt feelings to take into consideration. I never anticipated that we could resolve everything in one of these talks so I'm trying to turn this into a recurring institution.

Expect information on the next Roundtable soon.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Is there a YouTube recording we can watch?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
KazonPADD wrote:Is there a YouTube recording we can watch?
I'll quote myself from the origional post:
monty42 wrote:...Please note that this meeting will not be recorded or streamed anywhere. It's only intention is to provide a forum for people to talk...
This was never intended to be a show of some sort. This was purely intended to be a platform for people who have issues to talk about them and the one thing I didn't want was for people to feel they might have to behave somehow differently because they were being recorded or have to somehow entertain people.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:You can get 10 for a roundtable discussion on who people hate on the forums, but we can't crack that many for an online tournament... hmm. What was the consensus?
I cannot emphasis this enough :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Naetor wrote:You can get 10 for a roundtable discussion on who people hate on the forums, but we can't crack that many for an online tournament... hmm. What was the consensus?
Well the fact that we got so many people show up, I think shows that there's currently an unanswered need for talk.
Naetor wrote:What was the consensus?
This wasn't something I expected to yield immediate results of a "do x, get y" kind. Everybody got to say their piece, I'd say it was a very calm and civil atmosphere and everybody who was there provided constructive input in some form.
Which is much more than I currently expect from a discussion on the boards, therefore I deem it a success.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]