For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Johannes Mette wrote:We need a new green badge "CC-Therapist"! :thumbsup: Good job :thumbsup:
This made me chuckle.

TK

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Monty42, Guide and Conscience.

... just don't let him fly the ship!
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Maybe we can get him to wear one of those counselor outfits Deanna Troi liked so much.

TK
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Armus wrote:Monty42, Guide and Conscience.

... just don't let him fly the ship!
He'll go too fast, but I don't think he'll crash.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
bosskamiura wrote:Maybe we can get him to wear one of those counselor outfits Deanna Troi liked so much.

TK
... hmm ... maybe I can rent Niall's... :shifty:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:You can get 10 for a roundtable discussion on who people hate on the forums, but we can't crack that many for an online tournament... hmm. What was the consensus?
Could be as simple as "this was an hour on a Zoom call" vs "multiple blocks lasting multiple hours spread over multiple weeks".

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Monty .. you and I have had our differences in the past so I'm trying to find a way to word this in an effort to not bring up past grievances. If I fail, my apologies.

First off, I think this is a great idea. An open forum for people to spitball is probably a good thing.

The "issue" (if you want to call it that) is that the purpose to help the community heal but, without a "cole's notes" version of what was discussed, I'm not sure how the community as a whole can heal. Sure, those 10 people can heal but ...

An argument can be made that if healing is wanted, people can show up to the round table. I will grant some credence to that. I also completely understand not recording to people felt comfy to say what they wanted to say (I also agree with it).

But, I'm trying to understand how this helps the greater good of the entire community if the entire community isn't involved.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Se7enofMine wrote:Monty .. you and I have had our differences in the past so I'm trying to find a way to word this in an effort to not bring up past grievances. If I fail, my apologies.

First off, I think this is a great idea. An open forum for people to spitball is probably a good thing.

The "issue" (if you want to call it that) is that the purpose to help the community heal but, without a "cole's notes" version of what was discussed, I'm not sure how the community as a whole can heal. Sure, those 10 people can heal but ...

An argument can be made that if healing is wanted, people can show up to the round table. I will grant some credence to that. I also completely understand not recording to people felt comfy to say what they wanted to say (I also agree with it).

But, I'm trying to understand how this helps the greater good of the entire community if the entire community isn't involved.
Hey Chad, thanks for commenting.
First let me say as far as I'm concerned we're good. I don't hold any grudges over past dust offs.

I consciously made the choice to make this open to everybody. Everybody who's looking for healing and cares to help with that is welcome to join in.
I don't even mind people coming there just to listen, that's fine with me.
And if people don't care, then as far as I'm concerned there's no way to force this upon them anyway.

However under no circumstances am I willing to provide any type of recording or transcript to submit to these boards! Because all that will do is spark another 10 page bitchfest about who said what and why by people who didn't care to participate because they rather hide behind their avatars. The message board community thrives on drama and I won't stand for that any longer. If people want in on the discussion they have to at least show everyone else the courtesy of showing their face.
As for people who wanted to come but couldn't make it, this was only the first round. Most of the people who attended expressed their desire to do this more often.

I'm not sure if there's a way to help what you call the "entire community", but if this was able to help those ten people who were there, or even just one of them, then I'm content because we made the first step on a long road.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:Monty .. you and I have had our differences in the past so I'm trying to find a way to word this in an effort to not bring up past grievances. If I fail, my apologies.

Hey Chad, thanks for commenting.
First let me say as far as I'm concerned we're good. I don't hold any grudges over past dust offs.

I consciously made the choice to make this open to everybody. Everybody who's looking for healing and cares to help with that is welcome to join in.
And if people don't care, then as far as I'm concerned there's no way to force this upon them anyway.
However under no circumstances am I willing to provide any type of recording or transcript
to submit to these boards! Because all that will do is spark another 10 page bitchfest about who said what and why by people who didn't care to participate because they rather hide behind their avatars. The message board community thrives on drama and I won't stand for that any longer. If people want in on the discussion they have to at least show everyone else the courtesy of showing their face.
As for people who wanted to come but couldn't make it, this was only the first round. Most of the people who attended expressed their desire to do this more often.

I'm not sure if there's a way to help what you call the "entire community", but if this was able to help those ten people who were there, or even just one of them, then I'm content because we made the first step on a long road.
I may have missed it but I don't think anyone is asking for a transcript?

I know I am very curious as I was not able to attend. So something as simple as "hey, a lot of people seemed to care about _____" would be nice. I would hope/expect it to come from only you to protect the anonymity of a non-recorded call.

If this helps those 10-12 people that is great - but if we can help or educate everyone that's even better. :twocents:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
I think people are looking for something that isn't there.

Nothing that was discussed was anything that hasn't been discussed over and over on the boards. We talked about the CoC, we talked about how people conduct themselves, we talked about the recent Corbett/Hosp banning, we talked about the performance of the board and so on and so forth...

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Hey Chad, thanks for commenting.
Awesome dude. Much appreciated and I agree man :)
monty42 wrote:I consciously made the choice to make this open to everybody. Everybody who's looking for healing and cares to help with that is welcome to join in.

However under no circumstances am I willing to provide any type of recording or transcript to submit to these boards! Because all that will do is spark another 10 page bitchfest about who said what and why by people who didn't care to participate because they rather hide behind their avatars. The message board community thrives on drama and I won't stand for that any longer. If people want in on the discussion they have to at least show everyone else the courtesy of showing their face.

I absolutely see your point and understand it. I don't necessarily agree but I understand.

For whatever its worth, I wasn't asking for a transcript or anything like that. Maybe just a bullet point of topics discussed, not even their resolution. No worries.

I do agree, a lot, with your last paragraph. I'm not sure there is a way to help the entire community. I would hope that there is but it seems less and less possible with every explosion. Which is unfortunate but I suppose it's "just the way it is."

Thanks for responding back sir!

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]