For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
LORE wrote:Thank you, Ben, for writing this and for being open in your responses. I appreciate the unfiltered look at what the heck all went down that I was not privy to.

Unfortunately, as is always the case around here members of the community will see malice if they chose to. They will also bend the facts to fit their narrative at this point in time if they chose to. Sad but true.
The 2e director position has been an absolute shit-show for over a year now. Apparently the 1e guy, without any community input, has the most
https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.php?articleID=2748 wrote:credible cases for their abilities to fill the Director of Second Edition role.
The sudden tightening of the reins probably has more to do with groups splintering and holding onto 2e authority than actual interest in 2e.
You have some beef with Charlie. Ok, get it.
You´re unhappy. Ok, get it.
You´re assuming a setup. Ok, get it.

I see lots of things you are mad about.

But I see not a single attempt to provide a solution. Just moans.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:If there is a good side to all this hullabaloo, Monty and Nerdo are getting along finally.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Naetor wrote:The 2e director position has been an absolute shit-show for over a year now. Apparently the 1e guy, without any community input, has the most
https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.php?articleID=2748 wrote:credible cases for their abilities to fill the Director of Second Edition role.
The sudden tightening of the reins probably has more to do with groups splintering and holding onto 2e authority than actual interest in 2e.
You could not be more wrong, dude. I wish you could see all the texts and IM's I have received from the remaining members of the Board about this junk. You and others are seeing malice / favoritism / nationalism / whatever else because that is what you want to believe happened, instead of what the actual facts prove out.

Charlie has absolutely zero interest in doing the 2E job long term. Zip, zilch, zero. But, unfortunately due to the exact same shit show you have described above, there is literally nobody else to take up the 2E job because nobody was ever cross-trained to do it. Charlie is stepping in now because 2E needs a lot of attention right now. We don't have the luxury of spending another 6 months dicking around training the next guy / gal to take up the mantle when we have already been dithering for over 3 months with projects that are already in the pipeline. Someone's gotta step in and get shit done.

Charlie offered to do that, and he is only doing it because (again) there is nobody else who can. There is no alternative script... no agenda. Everyone on the Board is invested in righting the ship, and getting the community excited about 2E again. In the short term, that means Charlie has to pull double duty. But he sure as hell doesn't want or need the added responsibility long term.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
Naetor wrote:
LORE wrote:Thank you, Ben, for writing this and for being open in your responses. I appreciate the unfiltered look at what the heck all went down that I was not privy to.

Unfortunately, as is always the case around here members of the community will see malice if they chose to. They will also bend the facts to fit their narrative at this point in time if they chose to. Sad but true.
The 2e director position has been an absolute shit-show for over a year now. Apparently the 1e guy, without any community input, has the most
You have some beef with Charlie. Ok, get it.
You´re unhappy. Ok, get it.
You´re assuming a setup. Ok, get it.

I see lots of things you are mad about.

But I see not a single attempt to provide a solution. Just moans.
I suggested Tjark - among 3 others - should be put in charge over a month ago: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36943&p=514073&hilit=tjark#p514073

Now the CC has to do some emergency director position because they couldn't see what was obvious to anyone.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:I suggested Tjark - among 3 others - should be put in charge over a month ago: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36943&p=514073&hilit=tjark#p514073

Now the CC has to do some emergency director position because they couldn't see what was obvious to anyone.
No, for Charlie.

Also, please read the last post from LORE (Kris Sonsteby)

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
Naetor wrote:I suggested Tjark - among 3 others - should be put in charge over a month ago: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36943&p=514073&hilit=tjark#p514073

No, for Charlie.

Also, please read the last post from LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
You said I offered no solutions, just moans. I offered the suggestion to put someone in change who actually cares about 2e. Crazy thought, but what can I say? I really think outside the box.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Naetor wrote:I offered the suggestion to put someone in change who actually cares about 2e.
I get that you think I don't. But you aren't in my head or my heart. I do care. I know I can't prove it except through my actions, so that's what I'm focusing on now - how I can help. I don't know how else to say it, but if there are specific questions I can speak to, I'm happy to answer them. But I don't think this thread is the place for it.

I do think it's important that, however it seems to all of us, Tjark is the one who was hurt in all of this. Intentionally or not, rightfully or not, it happened. His pain and anger and sadness are valid and we need to respect those. He's indicated he wants time to process things before he talks to anyone on the Board, and I intend to respect that.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Right at the moment there are those who are working hard on solving problems and those who try to politicize around the same hobby. It reminds me of this:

I ask for a bit of patience and let them find a solution. So stop criticizing and let them work.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Right at the moment there are those who are working hard on solving problems and those who try to politicize around the same hobby. It reminds me of this:

I ask for a bit of patience and let them find a solution. So stop criticizing and let them work.
How many years should we go without anyone in leadership who has a vision for 2e?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:How many years should we go without anyone in leadership who has a vision for 2e?
Yep, that is exactly what stopping to criticize means.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: I wouldn´t believe you were on the same session, if I hadn´t seen you there.

You know as well as I do, that Maggies information about Nick had a huge impact on at least one other member. A member who was thinking about changing his vote after I decidedly mentioned the gap between America and Europe.

Silence is compliance. And I will not stand by when you try to manipulate the truth by camouflaging false information as your personal impression. You were there and you heard that particular Selection Committee member saying "I´m considering to change my vote."
Again: This is all on you. You think that way. That's all on you for thinking that way when other people are saying that you are wrong. I know what I was thinking and how I voted. I'm sorry that we wouldn't be guilt tripped into voting for the person you wanted.

Seems you have a personal bias against me apparently because of how you are talking. Stop calling me a liar and trying to twist my words. It's bad enough about other things you have already said. Show some remorse and start changing as a person.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
Naetor wrote:I offered the suggestion to put someone in change who actually cares about 2e.
I get that you think I don't. But you aren't in my head or my heart. I do care. I know I can't prove it except through my actions, so that's what I'm focusing on now - how I can help. I don't know how else to say it, but if there are specific questions I can speak to, I'm happy to answer them. But I don't think this thread is the place for it.

I do think it's important that, however it seems to all of us, Tjark is the one who was hurt in all of this. Intentionally or not, rightfully or not, it happened. His pain and anger and sadness are valid and we need to respect those. He's indicated he wants time to process things before he talks to anyone on the Board, and I intend to respect that.

-crp
I do think Charlie has good intentions and does care about everyone here and all three editions of the game. To say otherwise is hurtful and doesn't help the conversation.

I do hope that Tjark and the Committee can work through this and make things better especially for 2nd edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:Again: This is all on you. You think that way. That's all on you for thinking that way when other people are saying that you are wrong. I know what I was thinking and how I voted. I'm sorry that we wouldn't be guilt tripped into voting for the person you wanted.

Seems you have a personal bias against me apparently because of how you are talking. Stop calling me a liar and trying to twist my words. It's bad enough about other things you have already said. Show some remorse and start changing as a person.
Again, that is how you feel and those are your impressions. You couldn´t be further afar from the truth. Its a pitty you see it that way, but I won´t push any further to change your opinion of me. There seems to be no point in that. I offer you one last thing. I offer you a personal dialogue via skype or discord as a last attempt to settle things. If you want to accept that, we can do it. If you want to reject it, its fine too. Up to you, its my last offer to make it all clear to you.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:Again: This is all on you. You think that way. That's all on you for thinking that way when other people are saying that you are wrong. I know what I was thinking and how I voted. I'm sorry that we wouldn't be guilt tripped into voting for the person you wanted.

Again, that is how you feel and those are your impressions. You couldn´t be further afar from the truth. Its a pitty you see it that way, but I won´t push any further to change your opinion of me. There seems to be no point in that. I offer you one last thing. I offer you a personal dialogue via skype or discord as a last attempt to settle things. If you want to accept that, we can do it. If you want to reject it, its fine too. Up to you, its my last offer to make it all clear to you.

Again you play the victim card. Many of us tried to talk some sense to you and your hateful way of talking and you refused to believe you did anything wrong. Stop, turn around, and walk away. Only you have made it like this and you seem to enjoy twisting other people’s words to suit your own personal vendetta. I have no agenda or negative attitude about you. You choose to talk like that and don’t care about the consequences of your words.

Again it is a fact. I know what I believe and know why I voted. You trying to change that is extremely egotistical. Stop making this about you and the drama you are causing.

Given how you are acting, talking, and being like I cannot give you the benefit of the doubt that you have good intentions. You will have to actually do good and stop causing drama and twisting other people’s words and events to fit your own opinion and agenda before I will start to believe that you don’t mean any harm.

Be a good person. Apologize for your actions. Change for the better. That is the only way you can show that you actually want to do good.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, Austin, the only thing you care about are apologies. Nothing else.

I had enough patience with you.

I apoligized for my bad choice of words, you rejected it, now you will have to live without an apology. Tough life.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !