For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

-  
Way back in the 90s when Trek CCG was in print, I bought a pack of Premiere at my game store hangout spot and opened it standing there. The uncommons were where they were supposed to be followed by the rare... but then instead of the 10 common cards the rest of the pack was a straight set of all the rare bridge crew characters/USS Enterprise!

I've always wondered whether this was a singular one off distribution error, or a single "god pack" that somebody in the manufacturing line snuck in, or if this was just one of a (still small) number of super packs that Decipher intentionally threw into the mix.

Anybody else ever open the god booster?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Back in the day my local(ish) store got a box of white board where the commons slots were all rares. My friends had gotten a couple packs each and basically "freaked". We were out of cash and the next time we came back it was obvious that the owner had opened the rest of the box him self as he was now flush with WB singles for sale....
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Welcome to the boards lastastronaut!

I never got one of these packs before, but I have always been lucky with pulling UR cards from booster packs.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:

I never got one of these packs before, but
I have always been lucky with pulling UR cards from booster packs.
I have to hate you now. Nothing personal....
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
Iron Prime wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:

I never got one of these packs before, but
I have always been lucky with pulling UR cards from booster packs.
I have to hate you now. Nothing personal....
It all balances out. I have zero luck in terms of random selections during games. *shrug*
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: I never got one of these packs before, but I have always been lucky with pulling UR cards from booster packs.
My luck was never that good, but Voyager decided that I was going to get all the copies of Tom Paris I needed... and that my friends needed... and that the store needed...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote: I never got one of these packs before, but I have always been lucky with pulling UR cards from booster packs.
My luck was never that good, but Voyager decided that I was going to get all the copies of Tom Paris I needed... and that my friends needed... and that the store needed...
I can relate. When I finally organized my 1e collection a few years ago I was surprised that I had more copies of the U.S.S. Stargazer than any other QC rare by at least a factor of 2.

I'm middle of the road on URs. I've pulled FE, McCoy, Pendari Champion, and Dixon Hill from packs, but I've never even sniffed First Officer Spock, Reg Barclay, or the Elusive James T. Kirk.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I once got a god box of 2E's To Boldly Go, where every pack in the box had 4 rares and no uncommons.

By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I opened a WB 1E pack of all rares once, yeah. AFAIK, it was the only one in its booster box.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
willraiman wrote:I opened a WB 1E pack of all rares once, yeah. AFAIK, it was the only one in its booster box.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:
willraiman wrote:I opened a WB 1E pack of all rares once, yeah. AFAIK, it was the only one in its booster box.
The first step is you have to really love Trek. Otherwise Data, Geordi, and the Enterprise won't all hop into one pack for you.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Never experienced it, nor saw it experienced. Those packs/boxes prolly not distributed outside US. :shifty: :P Like the shopkeeper who opened them himself -- keep it close.

Love the nostalgia of the stories, though. (Or perhaps: my nostalga, fanned by the stories.)
willraiman wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:
The first step is you have to really love Trek. Otherwise Data, Geordi, and the Enterprise won't all hop into one pack for you.
Yes, Boffo. Love the game, and show it. E.g., create something like an awesome spreadsheet with ALL CARDS such as a collector like me had dreamed of forever. Only then--

--oh. THAT Boffo. :?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Lo, and it is written:

The gift of a God pack is earned
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
willraiman wrote:Lo, and it is written:

Bwahahaha!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
willraiman wrote:Lo, and it is written:

So say we all.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]