For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:Hopefully, but given the tone of the e-mail and DHL's attitude, my guess is that this is likely far from the first time this has happened, and Modiphius just finds it easier to send replacements than deal with DHL.

Maybe DHL is just the cheapest option to send stuff from there to here even with the occasional headache like this.
One of my old jobs was dealing with common carriers, and it's probably both - for the immediate case it's easier to send a second box to you (make the customer happy), and then you continue to argue with the carrier about where the first package is.

Fun aside: don't mess with the person who picks the shipping carrier - Purolator once annoyed me enough that I straight-up stopped using them for any shipping, long enough that they sent a sales rep to the office asking why volume was down. :shifty:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
AllenGould wrote:Purolator once annoyed me enough that I straight-up stopped using them for any shipping, long enough that they sent a sales rep to the office asking why volume was down.
Did you relent or did they wind up never getting another dime from you?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Purolator once annoyed me enough that I straight-up stopped using them for any shipping, long enough that they sent a sales rep to the office asking why volume was down.
Did you relent or did they wind up never getting another dime from you?
Not unless the customer requested them specifically (which means it was *their* dime, not mine).

What can I say - I can hold a grudge when I need to. :D

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
And for those interested, after initially ordering back on August 12th, the physical Core Rulebook finally arrived today.

From the looks of the package, they had someone in the U.S. mail it to me rather than go through DHL again.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
It seems to be a neat system. No one here to actually play it with, but I wouldn't mind trying it out if there was.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:17 pm Humble Bundle is doing a sale on the Star Trek Adventures RPG books again, if anyone is interested.
Is this the same thing they did awhile back?

I bought that one, not sure I need to add to at this point.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:30 pm
JeBuS wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:17 pm Humble Bundle is doing a sale on the Star Trek Adventures RPG books again, if anyone is interested.
Is this the same thing they did awhile back?

I bought that one, not sure I need to add to at this point.
Yep, same books.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
How does Star Trek Adventures compare with the Decipher CODA version? I own all the Decipher books and I have seen the Adventure books in my local book store, but I am not sure if I want to invest in another RPG system.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation