For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I think I prefer the Voyager swap

Although I think this just proves that Faith is just not a great theme song. (Fine as a song; just not great for opening theme.)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'm surprised that no one (as far as I can see after a quick check) has married the Voyager theme to Wall-E's journey to the Axiom, given there seem to be a lot of homages to Voyager's opening there.

And of course no discussion of Enterprise's theme is complete without what was rumored to be intended... U2's Beautiful Day.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised by the Seaquest DSV swap... been a LONG time since I heard that theme, but it holds up really well as an Orville skin! :D

EDIT: Also like the Orville theme on top of the Enterprise opening sequence. I probably dislike FotH less than a lot of fans, but a triumphant instrumental feels more... Trek than FotH. Even if it's not a Trek theme.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Air Force One theme overlay on Enterprise (OR The Orville, really) ... it's a Goldsmith composition, so it should fit right in, and I've always liked it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Also popped up in my feed, and I'm not sure if I posted here previously, but this is one fine bit of Trek music compilation. Highly recommend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MkYdtU61Y

EDIT: Archer's Theme should've been the main theme for Enterprise. It's very solid and I'm glad the artist used that for the Enterprise segment over a FotH instrumental.

Dammit... now I've been sucked into a YouTube Star Trek Music black hole! Damn you, Dave!! :P

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SOUNDTRACKS!!! :D :D :D :D

Wall of text-warning. (Ensign Q: don't read it. :lol: )

TL;DR: if you like awesome scores, and/or Jerry, just click the links and hear if there's anything you like.

I love Trek. And I love soundtrack scores. They don't mix however, IMO, like the best of things.

I've never been a fan of "the TNG theme". I do like the renditions from Motion Pic and, particularly, the album version for Final Frontier; but the series recording is... blander, somehow? The themes for DS9 (McCarthy) and Voyager (Goldsmith) I do love.
I don't have the complete scores for those two first Trek movies that Goldsmith did, but I have a compilation (The Astral Symphony) of the first 5 films and there's great tracks there -- IMO, much better than the theme that has become so world-famous.

The theme from Airforce One... yeah, does almost fit Trek. But :twocents: not because it's particularly good, or classic Goldsmith... (It's good as a sort of heroic anthem, so... if that floats your boat starship... :lol: )
But he can do so much better! :shock: To me, this is classic Goldsmith. (Not the best 'album', though; isolated scores / actual soundtracks used, weirdly cut; but great work put into it.)
Some of the darker parts of First Blood II (Rambo; couldn't find a good in-minor cue, but link is decent) are also great IMO. And this diamond, from The 13th Warrior, blends winks at the happy patriotism with some hints of the dark side of Alien. Somehow, the whole 13th Warrior score is a guilty pleasure of mine. (And now, as I listen to it -- there's a lot of First Contact in it! Or vice versa?)

I found the scores for Generations (McCarthy) and First Contact (Goldsmith) very good; and -- for their time -- those of Wrath and Search (James Horner) awesome. I have 5 CDs of DS9 music... and that's... nice, as background for a Trek game. I really enjoy it, but it wa written too fast to be great music, I think. (I do love it on screen though, and that's what counts most for most people, right?)

What I hadn't expected, though, was that the Ron Jones scores for early Trek aren't to me don't feel at all as... dated as I thought they'd be. They actually are great background music for building decs, playing the game, working, sleeping... :shifty: Pretty awesome, for the "mediocre 80s/90s TV music" that is was in my memory. And there's multiple CDs out there, on the Tube! 8)

Sorry, that went a bit off-topic. Back to mash-ups? 8)
Last edited by SudenKapala on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Regarding Jerry G. -- I forgot this one: Total Wreak-all! :shock: A bit too much electronics perhaps, but that melody... :D
Armus wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:19 am Also popped up in my feed, and I'm not sure if I posted here previously, but this is one fine bit of Trek music compilation. Highly recommend!
That compilation is great! Not a huge fan of solo violin, per se, but when done well... and this is done brilliantly! (And not too solo-y. Like Lindsey Stirling; emphasized but 'in a team'. :thumbsup: ) The transition between DS9 and VOY... the drums rolling in... No, all transitions, really.

Archer's Theme should've been the main theme for Enterprise. It's very solid and I'm glad the artist used that for the Enterprise segment over a FotH instrumental.
I used to fully agree. But I like the main titles visuals so much, that I grew accustomed to FotH, and then started liking it... and loving it. Over a decade, mind you. But I do love it now. Still, the end credits are more Trek... by some AUs (not [1E-AU] but astronomical units, of course).
Dammit... now I've been sucked into a YouTube Star Trek [generic] Music black hole! Damn you, Dave!! :P
(Mods by me.) Sort of +1. :lol:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]