For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  

This event is *not* an official CC OP event - we're working out the details, but it may be a level 1 tournament for the purposes of ratings/achievements. The designation "North American Championship" refers solely to this tournament's position in the Tower of Commerce hierarchy and isn't intended to imply any connection with any official CC tournaments.

Here's what we have planned:

10/10 09:00 2E Sealed
10/10 13:00 2E North American Champ. (Day 1, 5 rounds, Top 8 advance)
10/10 19:00 2E Threshold (3 rounds, 21 counters Turn 1, 30 min. time limits)
10/11 09:00 2E Threshold (No Such Thing as Luck format, 6 rounds)
10/11 12:00 1E Sealed (Tribble starters, 3 rounds)
10/11 16:00 2E Team Event (3 rounds, Team Members cannot use same HQ/faction)
10/12 09:00 2E Highander (3 rounds, Decks may contain only 1 copy of a card)

Edit - all 2e events are Hall of Fame format.

$30 entry fee (covers any and all events you want to play in), and we'll have some cool prizes I'll post as we get closer!

Friday night shenanigans include possibly (if this person can make it) a grudge match between the Tower of Commerce CEO (me) and a former world champion who thinks that they can beat me with any deck. The stakes are, of course, a bottle of whiskey.
Last edited by sandy on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Is "Day 2" going to be played following "Day 1" on that same day? Or a different day? Same deck? Different? Also, what is No Such Thing as Luck?
NSTAL: You play an opponent with your deck, then you play the same opponent with their deck.

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Is "Day 2" going to be played following "Day 1" on that same day? Or a different day? Same deck? Different? Also, what is No Such Thing as Luck?
Currently the plan is for the first two rounds of day 2 to be played on Saturday as well. You can change decks.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
sandy wrote: Here's what we have planned:

10/10 09:00 2E Sealed
10/10 13:00 2E North American Champ. (Day 1, 5 rounds, Top 8 advance)
10/10 19:00 2E Threshold (3 rounds, 21 counters Turn 1, 30 min. time limits)
10/11 09:00 2E Threshold (No Such Thing as Luck format, 6 rounds)
10/11 12:00 1E Sealed (Tribble starters, 3 rounds)
10/11 16:00 2E Team Event (3 rounds, Team Members cannot use same HQ/faction)
10/12 09:00 2E Highander (3 rounds, Decks may contain only 1 copy of a card)

Edit - all 2e events are Hall of Fame format.
10/10 09:00 2E Sealed - Is this a Decipher sealed starter deck? Any sealed boosters added?
10/11 12:00 1E Sealed (Tribble starters, 3 rounds) - Any sealed boosters added?
I ask because I do have some sealed product I can bring to provide a few extra boosters if desired.

Where can I find the rules for playing Threshold format?
I guess we bring multiple deck builds for the team tournament, to avoid duplication of HQs?

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote: 10/10 09:00 2E Sealed - Is this a Decipher sealed starter deck? Any sealed boosters added?
10/11 12:00 1E Sealed (Tribble starters, 3 rounds) - Any sealed boosters added?
I ask because I do have some sealed product I can bring to provide a few extra boosters if desired.

Where can I find the rules for playing Threshold format?
I guess we bring multiple deck builds for the team tournament, to avoid duplication of HQs?

1) we have 2e boosters, but we're trying to find more 2e starters.
2) We have plenty of tribbles starters, but no tribbles boosters.

Threshold is 21 counters first turn. Someone correct me if there's more rules, that's what I remember.

For the team event, you can bring multiple decks, or you can find team members who don't overlap.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
sandy wrote: This event is *not* an official CC OP event - we're working out the details, but it may be a level 1 tournament for the purposes of ratings/achievements. The designation "North American Championship" refers solely to this tournament's position in the Tower of Commerce hierarchy and isn't intended to imply any connection with any official CC tournaments.
Question - how can it be both "not official" *and* count for "purposes of ratings/achievements"?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
AllenGould wrote:
sandy wrote: This event is *not* an official CC OP event - we're working out the details, but it may be a level 1 tournament for the purposes of ratings/achievements. The designation "North American Championship" refers solely to this tournament's position in the Tower of Commerce hierarchy and isn't intended to imply any connection with any official CC tournaments.
Question - how can it be both "not official" *and* count for "purposes of ratings/achievements"?
I think the idea is that it's not officially (in CC terms) the ST:CCG North American Championship, but it is sanctioned as a Local for ratings/achievements.

I could be wrong though.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
I think the idea is that it's not officially (in CC terms) the ST:CCG North American Championship, but it is sanctioned as a Local for ratings/achievements.

I could be wrong though.
That's exactly correct. We didn't want folks to think this was the now canceled Level 4 Continentals.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]