For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

In my example, does the high INTEGRITY Jem'Hadar First obey the order given?

Yes. NOT following the orders of a Founder or Vorta would be low INTEGRITY for him.
36%
No. High INTEGRITY means the Jem'Hadar knows following the order would be morally wrong.
5%
It depends upon other circumstances.
32%
She's so mean, but I don't care. I love her eyes and her wild, wild hair.
27%

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
In hindsight, I should have totally tagged James in this when he didn't respond the first time. There's no way he'd miss a topic like this. ;)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm furious at whichever one of you out there re-tied the vote.

I bet it was (picks a name at random off the Members list) you, @sevencrdspud!!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'm furious at whichever one of you out there re-tied the vote.

He's a documented shit disturber, so I could see that. ;-)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
SirDan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:24 pm
AllenGould wrote:It *should* reflect the stated principles of their culture. (And specifically *their* culture, not the Federation). Then the score is a measure of how well they, well, measure up to that standard.
I don't buy it though. I think integrity is a scale from 0-10ish, based on how closely a personnel represents the moral standards of the ideal Federation captain.

Bonus points if you are true to yourself or your people, but you'll still be judged by human (American? Norfolkian?) standards.
I believe this is the correct take.

I also believe that, were I able to make changes or reboot the game, INTEGRITY wouldn't be an attribute neither Honor nor Treachery would be skills. I'd do it with keywords instead: Honorable and Treacherous. Same basic gameplay effect, but without the need to mathematically define morality.

-crp

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'm furious at whichever one of you out there re-tied the vote.

He's a documented shit disturber, so I could see that. ;-)

still waiting for my free year of premium membership for conceding that game in that tournament last year.

(walks away menacingly and waits for the storm) :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:11 am Does INTEGRITY, as a game concept, reflect an objective right and wrong in the universe, or does it reflect morality in one's own culture?
As a game concept I'd generally treat low integrity as tending toward villainous character and high integrity as tending toward good character, from our perspective (or that of the Federation ideal). That can get subjective for sure, but ultimately it can help differentiate affiliations and groups in broad strokes and get an idea of who the bad and good guys are in the game.

Thus for example Founders can be given low integrity even if they follow their own moral code because that code tends to adversely affect other civilizations. The Jem'Hadar can be given decent integrity perhaps because they're viewed a little more kindly, or as Sisko noted, "They were good. Tough, professional. It was an honor to serve with them." So they get a pass (and maybe the affiliation needed for them to get a pass).

There's still stuff that maybe doesn't fit all that well. Norah Satie for example gets a 9 even though Picard indeed basically called her a villain. I guess with such a character it was either going to be very high or very low, and maybe her aim to root out wrongdoing helped with the decision to go high. I'm not sure where Alidar Jarok ought to fall, but to me it's too low.
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:11 am There's a slave uprising and the First is ordered to show that the Dominion means what they say by killing the hostage children. Does the First obey the order?
The Jem'Hadar do seem to have the ability to have a worldview beyond unquestioningly following orders ("Hippocratic Oath," "To the Death," "By Inferno's Light," "Rocks and Shoals"). Any hopes though are tempered by the feeling that for the Jem'Hadar, abrupt consideration of the poor children might just be too alien a concept to them.

IMO higher integrity for the Jem'Hadar doesn't necessarily translate as more faithful obedience to orders; rather, it's reflected in those who have formulated and been tested on a moral code that we might see as being on the the honorable side. It might be as with Remata'Klan deciding it meant that his Vorta (his feudal lord essentially) had claim over his life, even knowing he's been betrayed. Or it might be as with Ikat'ika refusing to let his Vorta dictate how to act over a matter of Jem'Hadar honor, allowing himself to be killed instead.

It's in this space with a higher integrity Jem'Hadar where I think the hostages can at least improve their odds. Marginally TBH because after the First removes himself or gets removed from the equation the numbers keep going--but maybe the children are really persuasive.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i dont know about the scenario, but in general intergrity in 1e reflects how the person stands towards the federation and its values.
hence all romulans have low integrity, even when they are renown to the romulan empire.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation