For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Yep, you're allowed (and encouraged) to print for personal use any of the card images here. Selling your prints is a big no-no, though. So don't do it.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
JeffHUKOneofZero wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:49 pm cool I have no intention of making to sell Need find good local company who can print 2 sided for me and in pass trying myself never got them straight
Please be aware that by page 13 of the Organized Play Guide, printed cards used in a tournament must be sleeved with a physical card backing them. That physical card can be pretty much anything - a STCCG card, Magic, a plain playing card - but virtual cards and other proxy cards printed on card stock are not tournament legal. So, if you're planning on just keeping pretty pictures in binders at home, it's cool, but if you go to a tournament, you may run into issues.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm Please be aware that by page 13 of the Organized Play Guide, printed cards used in a tournament must be sleeved with a physical card backing them. That physical card can be pretty much anything - a STCCG card, Magic, a plain playing card - but virtual cards and other proxy cards printed on card stock are not tournament legal. So, if you're planning on just keeping pretty pictures in binders at home, it's cool, but if you go to a tournament, you may run into issues.
When and how can this legacy OP policy be reassessed?

Let the players play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jjh wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:25 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm Please be aware that by page 13 of the Organized Play Guide, printed cards used in a tournament must be sleeved with a physical card backing them. That physical card can be pretty much anything - a STCCG card, Magic, a plain playing card - but virtual cards and other proxy cards printed on card stock are not tournament legal. So, if you're planning on just keeping pretty pictures in binders at home, it's cool, but if you go to a tournament, you may run into issues.
When and how can this legacy OP policy be reassessed?

Let the players play.
I'm not aware of any actual instance of this provision being enforced.

I hope I'm not wrong.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
This policy is here to show that we are officially discouraging our community from behavior that may put us at risk from copyright issues. We have seen people print virtual cards on card stock that look like the real deal and try to sell them on eBay. If CBS/Paramount sees that people are making money off of unlicensed merchandise, they're probably going to look for the source, which is us. I like this place; I'd rather it not get shut down.

Whether or not the policy gets enforced at a tournament is entirely at the discretion of the TD. I, for one, have allowed a player to continue to play at a National Championship, even though they arrived with their cards printed in black and white, which is also against the rules.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 pm I, for one, have allowed a player to continue to play at a National Championship, even though they arrived with their cards printed in black and white, which is also against the rules.
I've always wondered about this rule. The only time I can see it making a difference is with Nemesis icons, and those are listed in the Glossary anyway.

And what are you going to do if I show up with all the 1E Captain Photon cards printed in black and white rather than color? ;)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I always assumed it was there because people often quickly ID a card by its picture and them being in B&W makes that harder.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 pm Whether or not the policy gets enforced at a tournament is entirely at the discretion of the TD. I, for one, have allowed a player to continue to play at a National Championship, even though they arrived with their cards printed in black and white, which is also against the rules.
Was this me? I think it might have been me. I know my printer ran out of ink before a tournament once. About a third of the cards were colored wrong. And I had to hand-write "Q-Flash" on one cuz it was at zero ink.
:shifty:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:46 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 pm Whether or not the policy gets enforced at a tournament is entirely at the discretion of the TD. I, for one, have allowed a player to continue to play at a National Championship, even though they arrived with their cards printed in black and white, which is also against the rules.
Was this me? I think it might have been me. I know my printer ran out of ink before a tournament once. About a third of the cards were colored wrong. And I had to hand-write "Q-Flash" on one cuz it was at zero ink.
:shifty:
It was actually a different Brian, and no not that one.

Or that one.

I don't think you've met him. :lol:

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeffHUKOneofZero wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:49 pm cool I have no intention of making to sell Need find good local company who can print 2 sided for me and in pass trying myself never got them straight
2 sided? I can only think of a couple handfuls of cards that would need to be 2 sided.

To get around this, I have printed both sides of a card (lets say, for example, Spacedoor) separately. Take an actual card stock, as Jadzia mentioned, of any card game, then sleeve it. Then simply put each "side" of the Space door on either side of the sleeved card and Bob's your uncle.

I wouldnt both searching for a company that will do 2 sided unless you REALLY want that authentic look and are printing to actual card stock.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Niall turns up to tournaments with cards hand-drawn, with added penises.

To be fair, the Phoenix does look like a flying dildo...
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Does it have to be an actual game card? Could you just get blanks and use those instead? (Trying to figure out what the actual line is here.)

(If someone is actually in need of cards for backing, trying to think what the cheapest source of cardboard would be.)
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]