For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Exon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E Risa Regional Champion 2023
Once in a while I wander over to peruse Siskoid's (legendary Decipher-era reviewer and dream card maker) Rolodex.

Sadly, he's been out of the game for more than a decade. So I was quite surprised to see on his blog a brand-new episode of his podcast talking about none other than Star Trek CCG!

Well worth listening for some nostalgic reminiscences by him and his co-host on old-school STCCG and the influence it continues to have today.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Sweet! I loved Siskoid's reviews. I even sent him some notes back in the day that resulted in minor Trek Sense rating changes.

Basically that Security Chief Sulu was 3rd in command of the I.S.S. Enterprise, not Chief Engineer Scott, so the staffing icon reversal from their regular universe counterparts was justified and that Fal-tor-pan's card made the ritual way too common, whereas in the movie, it was so unused that T'Lar questioned Sarek's logic in requesting it (and he basically admitted she had a point).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fascinating!

The urge to nerd correct some of their obvious errors was strong, as you can tell neither of them had played the game in awhile.

On the other hand, and MUCH more importantly, it was GREAT to see STCCG getting some love in podcast world! :thumbsup:

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was just thinking about the Siskoid site the other day, but I was thinking more about the Doctor Who card game that was clearly inspired by STCCG.

First: One of the new villains Last: Burnham (doin[…]

Temporal Benefactor questions

3) only the regular skills are shared

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]