For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 pmHow many actors have had the opportunity to play opposite both Shatner AND Stewart? Malcolm McDowell, Diana Muldaur, and.... ??
Michael Dorn.

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: This is a split of a tangent from Faithful Reader's One Season Wonders poll.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 pmHow many actors have had the opportunity to play opposite both Shatner AND Stewart? Malcolm McDowell, Diana Muldaur, and.... ??
Michael Dorn.
Good call, I forgot about Colonel Worf in TUC... though he didn't really play opposite Shatner. That scene was mainly Shatner/Plummer. If anything, Dorn had a front frow seat for an acting master class.

Regardless, yes, I'll count it. So that's 3. Still elite company.

Also, the Worf/Pulaski Romance storyline was criminally underdeveloped. I need some nerd closure on that one...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I might have to split off this who played opposite Shatner and Stewart discussion from the rest of the thread, but Merritt Butrick also qualifies.

And at least in terms of images on our screen, Avery Brooks and Colm Meaney get honorary mentions for playing vs. Stewart (Emissary/Too many times to count) and 1960s Shatner (Trials and Tribble-ations)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 pmAlso, the Worf/Pulaski Romance storyline was criminally underdeveloped. I need some nerd closure on that one...
... It got redeveloped into a liaison between Worf and another non-Klingon character who also had a well-established prior, and particular, interest in Klingon culture. They eventually married and lived happily till death did them part.
Does that help for closure? :cross:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 pmAlso, the Worf/Pulaski Romance storyline was criminally underdeveloped. I need some nerd closure on that one...
... It got redeveloped into a liaison between Worf and another non-Klingon character who also had a well-established prior, and particular, interest in Klingon culture. They eventually married and lived happily till death did them part.
Does that help for closure? :cross:
Worf settled for Jadzia after he could no longer have his true hearts desire: Katherine Pulaski.

I never saw Jadzia drinking Klingon tea.

Just sayin'...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]