For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

What would you have done to Janeway when she returned?

Promotion. She got her ship and a lot of her crew home.
48%
Court martial. I think she broke the Prime Directive.
14%
Murder charge for what she did to Tuvix.
14%
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed, just to get it all out, what's in my head, and I'm feeling a little peculiar.
10%
Other
14%

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Imagine you're one of the big brass at Starfleet. Janeway has just returned and you've reviewed her logs. Do you promote her like Starfleet did or do you think something else is more appropriate?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Does the Federation have capital punishment for murder? She murdered Tuvix but I voted court-martial since I'm not sure if execution is the sentence for that crime in the UFP.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I actually went ahead and changed it to "murder charge" to not only avoid the question of execution vs. life sentence, but the Federation is probably rehabilitation minded (and has advanced techniques for such) and might not even impose a life sentence for murder.

Votes are changeable in the poll if need be.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
If Sisko didn't catch shit for wiping out an entire planetary ecosystem because he caught a Maquis leader, Janeway is gonna point to that pile of Borg debris behind her and smile.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Starfleet did the right thing. Promote her out of the Captain's Chair and put her in charge of some dusty corner of the bureaucracy where she can't hurt anybody else.

Also, promote Harry Kim to AT LEAST Lt. Commander.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:15 pm Not sure about "lot" of her crew. Several Maquis in key positions and other aliens on the ship, Borg tech in the ships systems...
Compared with Kirk, she's probably in good company (esp. given seven years vs three). Plus the ship came back in one piece.

Mission was to bring back the Maquis, well here they are.

Oh, and here's the paperwork on a mess of first contacts, a bunch of Borg we rescued, oh, and have you checked out all the hardware we brought from the future that makes Borg cubes act like pinatas?

And if you talk to Jean-Luc, let 'em know the next time he sees Q, remind them they owe us one.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm Starfleet did the right thing. Promote her out of the Captain's Chair and put her in charge of some dusty corner of the bureaucracy where she can't hurt anybody else.
It's always been my take that her promotion was for exactly the same real reason behind Kirk's demotion to Captain: ability to command a starship.

I voted court-martial, but not for the Prime Directive. Her alliance with the Borg was just one of many betrayals of Federation principles.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]