For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, but I tried some searches but didn't have any luck.

I'm hoping to find a data source I can use in a mobile app to allow users to search and view trek ccg cards on their phone. Is there a github account or someplace that hosts the data powering the online card search webpage? Any information would be helpful.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
That's too bad. If whoever maintains the online search functionality wants to reach out to me, I'd love to see if there was a way they could share the db with me somehow. I'm more than willing to convert it to a more easily useable format and I'd be happy to share the results with anyone else who was interested.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
scottrick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 pmI'd love to see if there was a way they could share the db with me somehow.
Hi @Scottrick,

Perhaps @BCSWowbagger or @Eberlems can also help with some information about this? Or it could be that @JeBuS already gave the all-encompassing answer -- I don't know. But it's worth a try...

Code Monkeys and Site Wizards to the green courtesy phone, please. (Don't fight over the receiver. Play nice.) :lol:

Welcome... again! 8) How have you come along with playing? What are your future plans?

I'll also shortly send you a private message, to ask about a beginners' tournament that's slated for April. So check your PM inbox! :thumbsup:
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
scottrick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 pm That's too bad. If whoever maintains the online search functionality wants to reach out to me, I'd love to see if there was a way they could share the db with me somehow. I'm more than willing to convert it to a more easily useable format and I'd be happy to share the results with anyone else who was interested.
One option that I availed myself of when I made the neural net cards would be the lackey files (1e) (2e). In particular, the sets folder contains text files with all game-play-relevant card text. I don't know if those would be useful to your endeavor, but hopefully it's at least a start.
Last edited by edgeofhearing on Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Jebus and @Maelwys decide who can access the db data.
There are the lackey export files (tab seperated txts) and scaled down images in github, but that's probably not what you are looking for.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
No, I think this should work. I should be able to parse the tab separated file fairly easily and that ties the image urls to the card game text, which should be enough for what I'm looking to do. Thanks!

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

It's been a little while since I posted this, and I had a few more questions now that I've started working on the project. I'm currently using the playable branch on @eberlems's github account:
https://github.com/eberlems/startrek1e/ ... yable/sets

This is working for the most part, and I could definitely finish the project with this data, but there are a few areas where that data is lacking and it would be awesome if it was possible to get access to a better dataset and better images.

1) The card images on that github account are pretty low resolution. I looked at possibly using the same images used in the trekcc seach tool (ie: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=1457) but the data in the github repo doesn't quite work for that. Some are .GIF, some are .JPG, some are in an eratta folder, etc. So that's not possible.

2) It seems like the database backing the website card search has additional data not found in the github account. Linking cards together that are alternate art, printings, personas, ships, front/back of cards, etc. What cards are in a given block or legal for specific formats.

So before I finish the project as is, I wanted to post again about the possibility of improving this data or getting access to an exported version of the database backing the website (json would be awesome!). Or maybe I'm missing something with the dataset I'm currently using. Something like what the SWCCG community has here would be awesome:
https://github.com/swccgpc/swccg-card-json

If you made it this far, thanks! You can find the current version of the app in the Android Play Store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tfat.trek1

It is not complete and still is using placeholder art and colors, but the basic functionality works. Thanks!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The database isn't setup in a way that allows us to give users controlled access to it. We haven't yet implemented a full API for developers to use. It is on the to-do list, but we aren't there yet.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I understand, just wanted to bring it up once more before I finished this project. Thanks!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can I please provide help with a decent icon? I can't install this. :lol:
(Great work, though, of course! :wink: :thumbsup: )

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The current icon is a placeholder, I have a plan to update the icon and colors before the app is finished. If you check out my other apps "Comlink" or "Ringlore", the plan is for it to be similar to those once its finished.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation