For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
From best to worst......

This would include:
The Motion Picture
Wrath of Kahn
Search for Spock
Voyage Home
Final Frontier
Undiscovered Country
Generations
First Contact
Insurrection
Nemesis

Self answer:
First Contact
Kahn
Undiscovered Country
Insurrection
Generations
Voyage Home
Final Fronteir
Search for Spock
Nemesis
Motion Picture

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The Wrath of Khan
First Contact
The Voyage Home
The Search For Spock
The Undiscovered Country
Insurrection
Nemesis
Generations
The Motion Picture
The Final Frontier

Then if I were to include Abramsverse, I'd put Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek (2008) between The Search for Spock and Undiscovered Country and Star Trek Beyond between Insurrection and Nemesis.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We did this before. And it's fun; I like topics like these. :thumbsup: But I won't re-write my usual essay-length post! :lol:

Anybody remember what that topic was? It was months or years ago... Perhaps even off-topic somewhere, which makes it harder to find...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:41 pm We did this before. And it's fun; I like topics like these. :thumbsup: But I won't re-write my usual essay-length post! :lol:

Anybody remember what that topic was? It was months or years ago... Perhaps even off-topic somewhere, which makes it harder to find...
This is the one I remember, mainly because I started it... :wink:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:16 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:41 pm We did this before. And it's fun; I like topics like these. :thumbsup: But I won't re-write my usual essay-length post! :lol:

I could have sworn we did this before...... and i did post in that thread. funny think is i searched the forum for "rank" and 'movies" but neither brought that thread up. maybe because it was called "ranking movies"???????
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:59 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:16 pm

I could have sworn we did this before...... and i did post in that thread. funny think is i searched the forum for "rank" and 'movies" but neither brought that thread up. maybe because it was called "ranking movies"???????
Also, the threads in this particular forum from before the server update aren't fully indexed for search.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
This still tracks:
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am My ranking, just because:

1. First Contact (VIII) (I like the Borg Queen, but I hate what they did to the Borg in Voyager.)
2. The Undiscovered Country (VI) (Chang made the movie.)
3. The Wrath of Khan (II) (Good, but slow on re-watch.)
4. The Voyage Home (IV) (Probably the first Trek movie I saw. We rented it and had a salad bar at night dinner at home.)
5. Generations (VII) (I feel that Kirk had a sufficient farewell in VI. Shatner should have just left it there.)
6. The Search for Spock (III) (Robin Curtis as Saavik is great!)
7. Insurrection (IX) (An episode of TNG. Not one of the good ones. One of the goofy ones, like Manhunt.)
8. Nemesis (X) (I liked the Pirates of Penzance scene!)
9. Beyond (A fun romp.)
10. Star Trek (The casting is great. I especially love Karl Urban as Bones.)
11. The Final Frontier (V) (At least it has a plot.)
12. The Motion Picture (I) (Yawn!)
13. Into Darkness (The only movie where I have almost walked out of the theater.)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
"A British Tar" is from HMS Pinafore, not The Pirates of Penzance! No Gilbert & Sullivan points for you!

;)

My mother, who was the one who got me into Trek was also a huge Penzance fan, to the point of watching the 1983 version incessantly. (Of course, that does have another song from Pinafore in it with a lyric changed so the characters are TELLING us it's from Pinafore).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:19 pm "A British Tar" is from HMS Pinafore, not The Pirates of Penzance! No Gilbert & Sullivan points for you!

;)

My mother, who was the one who got me into Trek was also a huge Penzance fan, to the point of watching the 1983 version incessantly. (Of course, that does have another song from Pinafore in it with a lyric changed so the characters are TELLING us it's from Pinafore).
Also, wasn't "A British Tar" done in Insurrection, not Nemesis! Nemesis was "Blue Skies" (ugh... Irving Berlin!)...

So that's a double Nerd fail on Maggie! :wink:

Still better than a Double Dumbass on you! :P

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I was so focused on the wrong operetta thing, that I missed that she was referring to the wrong movie which makes me Nerd Fail while calling a Nerd Fail.

I am shamed. :(

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
monty42 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 am 1. The Undiscovered Country Flawless masterpiece
2. The Wrath of Khan KHAAAAAAN!!!
3. First Contact This would be my #1, if they hadn't introduced the Borg Queen and gave the once formidable foe a face. BAD choice.
4. The Voyage Home High on LDS. Took Doc Brown's Bird of Prey and went beyond 88 mph
5. The Search for Spock Solid. Turned death into a fighting chance to live
6. Generations Hated it back in the day. I like to watch it nowadays. Gets better with age
7. Nemesis I very much enjoyed all the Romulus/Remus stuff. Clone storyline was a little far fetched though
8. The Motion Picture This one drags. Try not to fall asleep. I dare you!
9. The Final Frontier Shatner shouldn't have traded the captain's chair for the director's chair. Honorary mention for the camping scene.
10. Insurrection A tale of beardless Rikers and joysticks

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]