For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
well to me tournament means competititve play, it doesnt have to be cutthroat, but its rated and therefore more than just a kitchen table play.
joining it to learn the game just creates situations like this, me unhappy and a d*ck for calling out a newb and you unhappy for being called out and being a d*ck for ruining my tourny,

and yes we talked in length about things, so dont come at me with that manipulative emotional crap. do you objectively feel fit to participate tournaments yourself? would you join if there was an entry fee/prices?

thanks for running the numbers, doesnt tell us how the turns played out and who actually took the time. its a starting point to somewhat objectively measure spend time though.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Crosspost, I was still going over it.
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:15 amyesterday i had a match where it took (us) 50! minutes to set up the table and finish the first players round
So, this is true -- 52' for (excessively long?) seeding (my fault, possibly probably) plus both our first turns. But I do think it was a fluke, having a bad day; I am rarely this slow with seeding. Am I?
meanwhile in the third round the game was decided after 55min.
Not exactly.
After the first 2 turns, we additionally took 6 turns each (total 14).
And that part lasted 71'.
For a total of 2h 3'.
Which means that we spent 18' of extra time.
Which does not account for all of my excess time, no.

But is it quantifiably terrible?
GameTimeLog.png
GameTimeLog.png (36.07 KiB) Viewed 1823 times

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
third rond of the tourny took 55min. then niall locked me out of the game, preventing me from scoring 100.

we started seeding at idk ,10 to the hour, then u went afk after dilemma. then we discussed facility seeds and zoom factor, it was the full hour when my turn started.

edit: appearently i was wrong and my turn ended at the full hour
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:59 pm well to me tournament means competititve play, it doesnt have to be cutthroat, but its rated and therefore more than just a kitchen table play.
joining it to learn the game just creates situations like this, me unhappy and a d*ck for calling out a newb and you unhappy for being called out and being a d*ck for ruining my tourney...
Just so I am clear, you got a modified win in a game that you feel you should have earned a full win and therefore you finished 3rd instead of 1st. And this extremely common occurrence ruined your tournament?

You were playing in a 1-day, off-season, event with no prizes and no prestige on the line in which what looks like a Non-Aligned deck was victorious, and a modified win ruined your tournament? If that is the case, I will say it again... perhaps this is the wrong game for you.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
joining it to learn the game just creates situations like this
... but only with you, thus far. :twocents:
me unhappy and a d*ck for calling out a newb
you unhappy for being called out and being a d*ck for ruining my tourny
I don't feel like a dick "for ruining your tourney". I don't feel I've ruined your tourney. I don't see how I was able to do that, given the data? (Honest question implied.)

I'll await input (from other people), about whether 38% vs. 62% play time is extreme. (But again: that's outside the 34' seed phase, which as said, will have been my fault.)
and yes we talked in length about things, so dont come at me with that manipulative emotional crap.
I don't even know what this means.
I am just being honest about my feelings about this. What is manipulative about that? And next -- if it is emotional, indeed: are my emptions "crap"? Then, what about yours? You say your tourney was ruined. By me. Because I supposedly, quote, showed "bad sportsmanship".

How is that not emotionally manipulative, if my opinion is?
do you objectively feel fit to participate tournaments yourself?
I chose, end 2020, not to judge that myself. I must've asked 10 other members of the community (during/after casual games, as well as OP games). I'll continue to do so.

But when asked, looking around this place: am I the worst player that I've seen playing in OP? Yes. Certainly. (One must be the worst. It's me.)
Do I feel that makes me unfit to play OP? (Looking around at how people react, and what the atmosphere in the environment is.)
No. I felt welcome, thus far.

Maybe people will speak up against me, now. Maybe I've annoyed other people? If so, I'll draw my conclusions, not register for any further tourneys, and go all-casual. It's up to the community.

If I'm not welcome for, say, half the community, I'll have long since considered it. But right now, it's just you. (As far as I know.)
would you join if there was an entry fee/prices?
If I could afford it...?

(Not sure what kind of money we're talking about here, for this 1-day event?)

Damn sure I would! I am spending 10s of hours per week on this game -- hours that are of far more worth to me than money! :shock:

The only live event I could feasibly attend, I spent 13 hours driving between 100-180kph / 60-110mph (it was no V8, but I can look up the actual fuel costs for you [Rule] [Rule] [Rule] ), and 4 nights in a hotel (ka-ching), just to be near championship games.

But I wasn't ready myself, naturally; and at that occasion, I joined only 3 low-level side-events. (AWESOME!) That won me some boosters (which I'm very happy with), not actual money.

Does that answer the question about how I value this game over money?

(I could look into the finances of my card collection next.)

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i assume other players are too polite to tell you about their experience with you, but i know im not the only one.

im just calling it out, blame me for it.

when we went to time you wanted me to end the game directly "to not delay the tournament schedule", yes that is bad sportsmanship
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:47 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:59 pm well to me tournament means competititve play, it doesnt have to be cutthroat, but its rated and therefore more than just a kitchen table play.
joining it to learn the game just creates situations like this, me unhappy and a d*ck for calling out a newb and you unhappy for being called out and being a d*ck for ruining my tourney...
Just so I am clear, you got a modified win in a game that you feel you should have earned a full win and therefore you finished 3rd instead of 1st. And this extremely common occurrence ruined your tournament?

You were playing in a 1-day, off-season, event with no prizes and no prestige on the line in which what looks like a Non-Aligned deck was victorious, and a modified win ruined your tournament? If that is the case, I will say it again... perhaps this is the wrong game for you.
are u kidding me? the community goes crazy over scouting and report conventions and uses every drop of information to get an edge in casual tournaments and im the one being too competitive?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:56 pm i assume other players are too polite to tell you about their experience with you, but i know im not the only one.

im just calling it out, blame me for it.
That's all you have to say about all that? Asking me about joining events for prizes? (Too bad you didn't react to how much effort I spent driving 1Mm -- that's 1000km -- to championships, just to sit and watch. No, I couldn't afford the flight.) Asking if I feel fit for OP? Calling me emotionally manipulative, while complaining about your ruined tournament... because, what... I'm slow and I took away your FW? :x
I haven't been talked down on like that since... since... infinity. :roll:
i assume other players are too polite to tell you about their experience with you, but i know im not the only one.
Oh, that's low. But I'll bite:

I'll ask anyone, herewith, to please tell me. I'll start chalking up official complaints. Or wait -- someone else can do that. Or should we just start a poll? "Should we exclude Suden from OP?"

Seriously. I don't want to spoil the median player's pleasure in this game. I don't.
but i know im not the only one.
Well. That goes both ways, too. We could start a poll there, as well.

How about: "Who is the more annoying player, Suden or Q?"

Do you really want to try your luck? :(

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Thread moved as this is a discussion about Organized Play policy, not 1E Game Rules.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
this is not a popularity competition and i will not feel bad for telling you that your sluggish play isnt fun. could have given me the extra turn to finish my mission, why havent you?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:26 pm this is not a popularity competition and i will not feel bad for telling you that your sluggish play isnt fun. could have given me the extra turn to finish my mission, why havent you?
Whut...!?

Are we in the same quadrant? :shock:

You stormed out exactly 50" after you scored points.
Log wrote:[19:11:10]SudenKapala makes Authorized Access Only face up.
[19:11:10]EnsigQ2 moves Adapt: Negate Obstruction (The Borg) from the table to the top of his Discard. (Discard: 12)
[19:11:16]SudenKapala moves Authorized Access Only from the table to the top of his Removed. (Removed: 9)
[19:11:33]EnsigQ2 performs Rotate 90 on Repair Mission.
[19:11:33]EnsigQ2 performs Rotate Back on Repair Mission.
[19:11:42]EnsigQ2 changes EnsigQ2's Points to 62. (from 42 to 62) (+20)
[19:11:42]EnsigQ2 changes EnsigQ2's Points to 77. (from 62 to 77) (+15)
[19:11:48]EnsigQ2 performs Rotate 90 on Consume: Technology.
[19:11:48]EnsigQ2 performs Rotate Back on Consume: Technology.
[19:12:38]EnsigQ2 leaves the game.
And I see it now, too, in your tourney log:
Q's event report wrote:suden started the seed in a somewhat bad mood already, went afk during it and overall took very long turns to decide his plays. when time was called he wanted to stop immediately, not giving us extra time to actually grant me the fw.
THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT FALSEHOOD. :x I didn't want to, and you know it.

I'll spell it out:

It was round 1! We played for 2h3'!!! Games should last 1h45'! We should've ended between 18h45-19h! We were holding up the whole tournament (and yes, agreed; that was much more my "fault" than yours)! Personally, no, I didn't want to add 2 full turns because of the rest of the event... (Was that a bad call? What should we have done?) If I thought we could've, I'd have gladly given you time aplenty! :shock:

In those 50", you told me the game wasn't fun for you, it was bad sportsmanship on my part, etc.; and I remember not saying a lot at all.

But you stormed out. I didn't force you out, and you had the last turn. And I didn't feel it was okay to start another turn of my own.

Did I make a bad call? Should I have started another turn; were we "allowed" to? Okay, maybe we should've asked Carter!

But you stormed out.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i stormed out? why should i stay in the game that ended? you made it clear u were unwilling to play another turn. i only had to move to the mission next to mine and end my turn to score 100.

the conclusion from all your reasoning, i will not play another game against you. also a way to win games, congrats.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wait. You mean, and meant, I could've skipped my turn? And given (only) you another go? :( I realise that only now. It's not in my system. (I remember -- only now! -- someone doing that for me once, months ago. :neutral: )

Is THAT it? Is THAT what you wanted? :?

If so, you're totally right. I could've done that. Should've. :( Would've, if you'd articulated it in a manner that I'd understood. Or maybe you did, and I just didn't understand. :neutral:

I'm sorry (if that was what you meant), that I didn't understand it.
(I do think you have a lot to be sorry for, too; and I know you won't be. But IMO you've been an asshole today, to someone who has had your back for weeks now. :( Don't bother -- I'll self-report this. I'll take that warning. It needed to be said.)

@pfti: We've seen from the data, that I took more time during the game. This is obviously a huge issue for Q.
I now wish to forfeit the game. Can you still chalk it up as a conceded game, and give Q the FW? Please do, if you can. (I'm serious.)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 pm Wait. You mean, and meant, I could've skipped my turn? And given (only) you another go? :( I realise that only now. It's not in my system. (I remember -- only now! -- someone doing that for me once, months ago. :neutral: )

Is THAT it? Is THAT what you wanted? :?

If so, you're totally right. I could've done that. Should've. :( Would've, if you'd articulated it in a manner that I'd understood. Or maybe you did, and I just didn't understand. :neutral:

I'm sorry (if that was what you meant), that I didn't understand it.
(I do think you have a lot to be sorry for, too; and I know you won't be. But you've been an asshole today, to someone who has had your back for weeks now. :( Don't bother -- I'll self-report this. I'll take that warning. It needed to be said.)

@pfti: We've seen from the data, that I took more time during the game. This is obviously a huge issue for Q.
I now wish to forfeit the game. Can you still chalk it up as a conceded game, and give Q the FW? Please do, if you can. (I'm serious.)
The tournament has been processed. I cannot go back in and change it. Nor would I. If there are issues during a tournament I will respond when the TD, but when it is done it is done. Additionally, having played against you, I know you are not stalling when you play. An inequity of time by itself is not indicitive of any wrong doing.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yes i think it wouldve been good sportsmanship to just pass another turn you couldnt win to let me score my mission.
you didnt though.
combined with the wasted time on you side thats just a giant dckmove, i can deal with either or, but both combined....

i dont feel i own you anything for speaking up against mob justice on the forums and if everything you do is calculated and not honest, even less.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]