For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

I've just released the first version of my Star Trek CCG Android application. It's called "Combadge" and you can find them here:

1e:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tfat.trek1

2e:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tfat.trek2

Please let me know if you have any problems with the app or have any suggestions!

If you happen to play SWCCG or MECCG, feel free to check out my other apps "Comlink" and "Ringlore" respectively.
Last edited by scottrick on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
scottrick wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:58 pm MECCG
I knew I should've recognized the icon with that ring, but at the time, it didn't ring any bells. I am very ashamed.
Don't play either, but have a small collection of both.

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, I just have the challenge decks but they're fun to play every now and then. Also, I was able to bump down the required version of Android to 5.1, so hopefully everybody is able to use it that wants to.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
This is very cool! You should sign up for The Dojo's Discord Channel and come share it with all 300 members there!

The links are in my signature to join.

TK
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Works for me on Android 11. And I spent way too much time swiping through all the cards in alphabetical order. I stopped myself when I got to the B's.

Now I need six phones so I can use them as missions. And I like the flip and rotate buttons.

Questions:
The thin purple strip at the bottom with the white line in the center makes me want to swipe up for some effect, but I can't get it to do anything. Am I reading too much into it?

I like being able to bring up multiple cards and swipe back and forth between them. I do end up touching the X on accident a lot and closing one of the windows though. Maybe fat fingers.

If there is only one search open, and I click the X on it, it increments the number in the top left. Can I ever go back to a lower number? Does the number mean anything. Other than I've clicked it 257 times?

By scottrick
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The thin stripe at the bottom is just how the Android 10 (maybe 11?) UX works. In a lot of apps they make it blend in better, maybe that's something I should look into tweaking. It doesn't have any functionality in the app itself.

It is tricky to balance the touch area for the close tab "x". I will spend some time playing with that value and see if I can make it harder to accidentally press.

The number on each tab doesn't mean anything other than the order in which they are created. I originally thought I might be able to put the search string or other indicator in each tab but there really isn't enough room, so just settled on a number. It will reset whenever the app is completely restarted.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For the first time I am sad I have an iPhone.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I wonder why the CC hasn't branched out into apps...

TK

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:17 pm
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm Time?
Time.
:lol:

Also, this site and forum both work fine in the browser of my Android devices. Whe an app is great and might appeal to a wider or different audience (which is always good), it is of course, an extra.
I'm glad that the CC has prioritized the work on the site funxtionality.

And now we have both! :thumbsup: So no need for the question, anyway. :)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation