For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

-  
Hi everyone,

I'm writing a book on '90s TCGs and trying to compile resources and set up interviews with folks who were involved with ST: CCG during the Decipher years. If you worked at Decipher, were involved in Organized Play, were part of the original CC during the hand-off from Decipher, or have a great tournament story from back then, I'm interested in hearing from you!

Additionally, I'm looking for any tournament reports, articles, advertisements, or interviews from back then that people might have. The goal is to tell story of ST:CCG in the context of the '90s TCG boom and beyond.

I can be reached at pauljcomeau@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Paul

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi there. Well come!
PaulJComeau wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pmlooking for any tournament reports
Only OP? Again? :P Not casual games, casual stories? Friendships were wrought over this!

I once started writing my whole personal story regarding STCCG. It got out of hand. It might not interest anybody, but I had fun doing it. I'd sure like to read this book, one day.

Also, I stumbled over a great thread a few weeks back -- and old "Tell us your STCCG story" topic. Awesome stories, personal tales of how people got to play, why, and with whom. Nice! You might want to browse that, perhaps -- although that, too, is mostly from the players' perspective.

I'm sure you're aware that the Player's Guide from Brady's contains a few interesting chapters on the genesis of the game from exactly that POV -- the TCG boom?

Then there's this new thing called "Heaneology". Take a look at the Rules Updates articles (a recent one is on the front page of the site) -- some of them contain part of an archaeological dig into the past, how the game (d)evolved and how the rules (documents) mutated over the years... this might be a little ("Little!?") outside your scope perhaps, but it might also present you with interesting information or details.

Qapla'! in your endeavour! And keep us posted.
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]