For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Ospero
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 am
Ospero wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 am The Equinox Doctor is currently up on the starting page with an "In Memoriam" stripe. I presume this isn't about Robert Picardo, so what gives?
Looks like an input error.

Equinox Doctor is card 1126 in the database. Fleet Admiral Shanthi is card 1226
Whew. Thanks for that. I was afraid for Picardo for a second, but I thought it had to be a mistake, if only because the 2e side showed nothing, and the Equinox Doctor would be a weird choice.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ospero wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:48 am
Armus wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 am
Ospero wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 am The Equinox Doctor is currently up on the starting page with an "In Memoriam" stripe. I presume this isn't about Robert Picardo, so what gives?
Looks like an input error.

Equinox Doctor is card 1126 in the database. Fleet Admiral Shanthi is card 1226
Whew. Thanks for that. I was afraid for Picardo for a second, but I thought it had to be a mistake, if only because the 2e side showed nothing, and the Equinox Doctor would be a weird choice.
I was shocked at first when I saw the picture as well, but thought it indeed strange it was the Equinox version and nothing on 1E side.

By Ospero
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
A little surprised to find that there is no card for this character, but I thought I'd mention her anyway: Sally Kellerman, who played Elizabeth Dehner on TOS's "Where No Man Has Gone Before", passed away on February 24th. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235099282/

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
How about we instead have a black in memoriam card for the thousands of civilians who lost their lives in the Ukraine?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:46 am How about we instead also, at another moment, have two black in memoriam cards for the thousands of civilians who lost their lives in the Ukraine?
FTFY (I found the stricken word to be rather insensitive for this topic, but I agree with the overall sentiment). :thumbsup:

We don't do that with other disasters or wars (both of which there are too many), though.
Maybe we should? Or maybe not. (This is a game site, for R&R, and celebrating Trek and its cast and crew.)

But still, I couldn't help but agree with the overall idea. :thumbsup:

(I also would've rather used the word 'people' than 'civilians', myself. But it didn't feel right to "fix" that. I'm just glad Monty found a place to have us think about what else goes on in the world.)
Armus wrote:Surely [Laurel Goodwin] deserves an In Memoriam, right?
:thumbsup: (I don't see why or how that would be in/a question, though.)

R.I.P., Miss Goodwin.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I will try to get the original post updated Wednesday.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation