For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trek1701/posts/10158541907711053 wrote:Michael G. Hagerty, a veteran character actor and three-time “Star Trek” guest-star, died on April 29, 2022, at the age of 67
He portrayed Captain Larg in “The Next Generation” episode “Redemption II,” which aired in season five of the show, and Skoran in the seventh-season episode “Thine Own Self.” He also played a bartender in the video game, “Star Trek: Klingon,” which was released in 1996
As building superintendent Mr. Treeger, Hagerty became a fan favorite on “Friends.”
Thanks for the memories. Condolences to family and friends.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:38 pm
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trek1701/posts/10158541907711053 wrote:Michael G. Hagerty, a veteran character actor and three-time “Star Trek” guest-star, died on April 29, 2022, at the age of 67
He portrayed Captain Larg in “The Next Generation” episode “Redemption II,” which aired in season five of the show, and Skoran in the seventh-season episode “Thine Own Self.” He also played a bartender in the video game, “Star Trek: Klingon,” which was released in 1996
As building superintendent Mr. Treeger, Hagerty became a fan favorite on “Friends.”
Thanks for the memories. Condolences to family and friends.
We better get some In Memoriam cards going for this guy... he was the best!

Of all the roles he played, the one I remember most is Wayne's World. Him and Ed O'Neil in the donut shop scene were priceless!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ouch. I'll admit I did not know his name. But I know his craft (and have crafted myself, as a hobby; which makes me admire his professional level).

I wish to claim nerd bragging rights for myself and (much better: ) awesomeness and recognizability credit for Gregory, by asserting that I immediately recognized the rather... noisy ship he's working on in the photo. (I wish I had such a kind of sound system on my bycicle. But... nope. People need to wear headphones in public, and so do I.) /misplaced rant

Why didn't I know his name? I know the name of (almost...) every Federation ship class from the 24th century. I'm the technology-driven kind of nerd. (Yes, there are others. Fine, too.) I know people like Drexler and Zimmerman and Sternbach.

Yet Gregory Jein worked on things like Oblivion (which I peculiarly appreciate on a tremendous level as a long-drawn, awesome video clip -- with great visuals all-round -- for its stellar soundtrack by M83) and Interstellar (ditto for Zimer's score; but also my favourite movie of all time, making The Abyss and Aliens drop a tiny step for it). So it seems I've really loved his work, even outside Trek.

I should have know Mr Jein. (And I guess that vexes me; and that in turn is the reason I'm writing this.) But I've known his work, and I hope he enjoyed bringing it to us. :cross: :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:35 am Gregory Itzin has died!
Admiral Black
Ilon Tandro

:(
The good news is we have some great source material for an In Memoriam for both editions!

I just watched IAMD earlier this week. Still probably the best episode(s) of Enterprise, and very competitive as one of the best episodes in all of Trek! The cold open for IAMD part I still gets me every time, and is right up there with (if not slightly beyond) Cause and Effect as one of the best hooks in the whole series!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:35 am Gregory Itzin has died!
Admiral Black
Ilon Tandro

:(
R.I.P. Gregory Itzin. Nobody quite played smarmy sleazy politicians like him.

EDIT: Also according to Memory Alpha in late June we lost Mary Mara, who played a Sphere Builder (credited as Sphere-Builder Presage on imdb) in three episodes of Enterprise. Not sure if she's featured on a card.

Link: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Mary_Mara

With sympathy,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Ospero wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:10 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62219839

RIP David Warner (Chancellor Gorkon, Gul Madred, St. John Talbot).
Just saw. Very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

As well as his Star Trek roles, David Warner was also one of only a handful of actors to get the Sci-Fi Quadfecta of Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Doctor Who.

With sympathy,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well ain't that just a punch in the gut. :(

He was great in all of his Trek appearances, but he also stole every scene he was in in the very cheesy, very 80s My Best Friend is a Vampire (also featuring Rene Auberjonois!)

May I humbly request St. John Talbot and Gorkon for the In Memoriam features? Those are two great images.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]