For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That was fun.

Unfortunately YouTube led me to this which made me nerd rage:

https://youtu.be/UEmxR4MdDiQ

While most of his takes are reasonable, His Awaken take is hella wrong and fuck him for saying so. I've used chunks of Awakens in Borg decks for over 2 decades to a lot more success than failure.

Anybody know this guy? Is he a TCC Community Member?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 am He's active on the FB group. He mostly posts links to those videos and promotions for his Trek CCG discord group.

I haven't watched any of his videos, but from the thumbnails it looks like they primarily involve pre-Voyager traditional cards.
Yeah that's my read as well.

That actually makes his Awaken take worse though. Old school Awaken dump is how Borg got stupid crazy fast. Add in Queen/Borg Kids and Ooby Dooby and it gets even more ridiculous.

The deck i still consider to be the best deck I ever made was ~125 cards and ran about 30 Awakens. It would get a cube on the line usually turn 2, go trip a self seeded Borg Ship dilemma, then on turn 3 I'd play Retask and get a fully loaded second cube on the line. That thing was a fucking machine, which is probably why this video has me so lol triggered.

I also found it extra rich that he was himself so lol triggered at the "bad advice" of 30% Awaken that he felt the need to go make a video about it in the name of "protecting players from bad advice" - try looking in the mirror, pal!

If I was on social media I'd totally make a rebuttal. It's probably better for all involved that I'm not.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]