For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The Klingons seem to keep rotating names going at least sometimes.

Like in another family tree, Colonel Worf from Star Trek VI is the father of Mogh, who in turn was the father of Worf. Worf and Colonel Worf are different people because this isn't Futurama, but share a name.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yup. Different Torals. If you skip a generation you don't have to but a jr. or II after your name. 8)
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I imagine part of the reason for this is so that the House of X frequently has an X in it. On Earth, I know Greeks often name children after grandparents. I don't know how many other cultures have similar traditions, but it also might be a bit of that.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My own (Norwegian) family tree actually had this kind of sequence back in the 1800s:

Hans Mikkelson
[DL]
Mikkel Hanson
[DL]
Hans Mikkelson

I believe there was some variation in the spelling of "Mikkel" and "son" such that they didn't spell their names exactly the same, but it was still "Mikkel, son of Hans" and "Hans, son of Mikkel" alternating.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation