For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
What's at least one episode that you could easily watch any time it comes on and why do you love it?

There will be some spoilers here, and I consider that sufficient warning for an episode that is not only nearly 28 years old (in just 5 days in fact), but spoiled on cards.

Deep Space Nine's Duet really stands out for me, especially since most of the first season was the show just trying to find its footing and establish its world. It does a great job of making you totally think everything is as it seems to be before the big twist. It's real character growth for Kira as she realizes she can't see the world from the same limited perspective as a Resistance fighter any more (though it's not the only time she had to learn that lesson)

Harris Yulin's portrayal of Aamin Marritza really makes the episode work as he slips brilliantly from scene chewingly boastful Darhe'el being the villain he thinks both the Bajorans and Cardassians need him to be to his real self once he realizes the jig is up.

Given the parallels between the Cardassian Occupation of Bajor and the Holocaust, we really don't want to think about how awful either must have been, but this is one of the episodes that makes us think about it.

The only weak part is the ending, but it's hard to see a better alternative. Marritza probably had to die for the story to be as good as it was, but if Kainon (the drunk Bajoran) is willing to kill him because "He's a Cardassian. That's enough.", one wonders why he hasn't killed Garak long before.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Yesterday's Enterprise
In the Pale Moonlight
Tears of the Prophets
Tacking into the wind

The latter two almost break me everytime i watch them but i just cant turn away. Jadzia is my favorite character and the Defiant my favorite ship and watching them be lost is compelling to me in a "we are defined by loss/appreciate the things you like" kind of way. Its also a bit of an I will always remember when those episodes aired - where i was, how angry i felt, etc.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
TNG
The Best of Both Worlds
Redemption
Yesterday's Enterprise
All Good Things

DS9
The Way of The Warrior
Homefront/Paradise Lost
The Ship
In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light
Rocks and Shoals
What You Leave Behind
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
City on the Edge of Forever
Chain of Command, pt. 2
Sarek
Far Beyond the Stars
(and yes) Duet

all come to mind when I think about acting clinics.

A Taste of Armageddon
Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
Tuvix/Similitude
The Outcast

come to mind when I think about really good sci-fi allegory.

There's also the category (for me) of just bad ass sequences. A lot of movies come to mind here:

stealing the Enterprise in STIII
Kirk escaping Khan's Reliant in STII
the torpedo fight in STVI
Tripp restarting the Enterprise engines in under a minute (I have no idea what's going on, but they do such a good job with the tension)

These are things I might keep watching for if they're close.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I really love TNG's The Neutral Zone. It's not a perfect episode of television, but I love the ridiculous 20th-century stereotypes, the genuine suspense, the great Ron Jones score, and then Mark Alaimo being the wonderful villain he always is.

I also like the good 2-parters in TNG and DS9: All Good Things, Best of Both Worlds, etc.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]