For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hey Gang-

Included in all tournament kit purchases for every level is a small post card sized certificate awarded to the tournament champion. My question regarding these is 2-fold:

1) Do you, reader of this post and tournament director, give these away to tournament attendees?

2) Do you, reader of this post, tournament participant, and potential winner, like these and want them handed out?

I ask because we are finally running low on stock, and we would like to gauge interest in their effectiveness. So, let's hear it!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1) I do hand them out. I have no idea if anyone actually keeps them. (Often, for Tribbles, I keep track of the Tribbles score on the back, so they have the score for themselves.)

2) I only kept ones for tournaments I won that are big tournaments or special memories.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I always forget to give them out at locals and have a huge stack. I do try to remember to do it for events that are Regionals and above.

If/when we restock, I would like to suggest that we add another blank for Event Name. It could go above the Tournament Judge line and would shift Region to right, so it would sit above the date.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
(1) N/A

(2) I have kept every certificate I have ever received, and I like them. They're up on my desk in my bedroom where I can see 'em.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
They're not as cool as the old Decipher "Hockey Puck" trophies, but they're not nothing.

I'm guessing they're also much more cost effective than the above as well, and that's also not nothing. :wink:

I agree with @jadziadax8 though. They may be due for a redesign/ update if the CC is going to spend the cash to get them made. At the very least a cursory review and a basic asking of the "can this be better than it is?" question wouldn't be out of place.

:twocents:
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
When I ran tournaments, I always gave them out for Trek but not Tribbles. If I won a tournament I never gave one to myself.

If I won at someone else's event, I always kept them and do like them.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
To be clear, the OP team / Board would only consider discontinuing them if the vast majority of folks felt they were unimportant. Based on just these initial responses, that does not appear to be the case. I agree, Brian & Mags, we could certainly look at redesigning them before reordering.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 am To be clear, the OP team / Board would only consider discontinuing them if the vast majority of folks felt they were unimportant. Based on just these initial responses, that does not appear to be the case. I agree, Brian & Mags, we could certainly look at redesigning them before reordering.
:thumbsup:
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I like them. I've not earned too many, but they go in the clear front of trade binders and whatnot.

I agree an Event line would be nice. I like giving them out.

eberlems wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:41 am Not sure how many are left, but how about making the certificate optional with the order of tournament kits?
This would be logistically hellish for the new fellow who is sending out kits. I would suggest leaving them as uniform as possible!

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]