For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The article cites Star Trek Armada 1 & 2, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force 1 & 2 and Star Trek: Bridge Commander being possibly up for release on GOG.

Currently, GOG's list of classic Trek games includes just Star Trek 25th Anniversary, its sequel Star Trek: Judgement Rites, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy and Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition (though the last is apparently incompatible with Windows 10 at this point). Steam shares the same list.

I'd pick all these up (even with no U.S.S. Jupiter included in Armada, along with some old favorites like Star Trek: Starship Creator, Star Trek: The Game Show and the FMV games. But I'm a nerd.

Here's the story link: https://www.gamefront.com/games/gamingt ... alaxy-soon

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Birth of the Federation would make these lists complete!

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I spent a whole lot of time in Starship Creator as a kid, and then Starfleet Command later on. I never got the chance to play the Armada or Elite Force games so I would totally pick those up off of GOG.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
In Starship Creator, I probably spent as much time sending woefully unequipped and badly crewed starships (We can all rest easy knowing that Counselor Worf is looking out for Captain Simon Tarses' mental health) out to go fail and complain at me about it as I did playing the "correct" way.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Fantastic. Fun fact: the "BCS" in my screenname is short for "Bridge Commander Scripters."

I was a member of the Bridge Commander Scripters: The Next Generation modding team (if you've used the Kobayashi Maru megamod, you've seen my work), and, my gosh, I probably spent the entire year of being 15 years old learning Python and writing mods for Bridge Commander. It most definitely set me on my career path for life. I'd never thought much of programming before that, beyond an affinity for calculator math aids written in Basic. Was it a great game? No. It wasn't even a particularly great Trek game -- way too much fighting, not enough exploring, no dialogue trees at all. But it is very, very dear to my heart all the same.

Also, if they do release Bridge Commander, you should go get the Kobayashi Maru megamod for it, because it adds a lot to the game. Very little of it stuff I worked on.
AllenGould wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:14 am Is there any word on bugfixes or updates?
GOG usually applies some polish, in my experience.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Huh. The Wowbagger part was obvious, but I guess I always assumed the BCS was Bowl Championship Series and you really liked college football or something.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:00 pm Huh. The Wowbagger part was obvious, but I guess I always assumed the BCS was Bowl Championship Series and you really liked college football or something.
Yeah, I realized that that thing existed when people in Team Fortress 2 servers tried to chat me up about college football without prompting, and I was very very confused for a while until we figured it out.

Sincerely had never heard of the Bowl Championship Series until four or five years after I picked this username.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:12 am I was a member of the Bridge Commander Scripters: The Next Generation modding team (if you've used the Kobayashi Maru megamod, you've seen my work), and, my gosh, I probably spent the entire year of being 15 years old learning Python and writing mods for Bridge Commander. It most definitely set me on my career path for life. I'd never thought much of programming before that, beyond an affinity for calculator math aids written in Basic. Was it a great game? No. It wasn't even a particularly great Trek game -- way too much fighting, not enough exploring, no dialogue trees at all. But it is very, very dear to my heart all the same.
Delightfully geeky. My daughter wants to get into minecraft modding because of some people she watches on YouTube. I'm trying to encourage her since I figure the worst that comes of that is that she learns Java.

On the subject at hand, GOG's releases can be a mixed bag, but usually it's very nice and often there's a forum post on applying the mods you want and getting them working in DOSBox or whatever wrapper they've put around it. (slightly related to above, but I just remembered that DOSBox might be the first software project I ever contributed to).
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
phaserihardlyknowher wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:46 pm Delightfully geeky. My daughter wants to get into minecraft modding because of some people she watches on YouTube. I'm trying to encourage her since I figure the worst that comes of that is that she learns Java.
I don't have the titles (got them from the library back when), but there are some "learn programming" books that specifically use Java + Minecraft as their platform. So you start with "add command line to summon chickens", and go up from there.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Well, it happened. Mostly. And some extra happened.

Elite Force, Elite Force II, Bridge Commander, Starfleet Command III, Hidden Evil and Away Team are all on GOG for $10 a pop, and Armada and Armada II are listed as "Soon".

https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek

No word on whether Elite Force contains the expansion pack that replaces a replacement Seven voice in the game with actual Jeri Ryan and has a "Virtual Voyager" mode, but for old games, GOG has often added DLC to what can be downloaded for free, even for previous purchasers.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation