For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By nathan
 -  
So I recently came across some sealed 1995 Premiere Unlimited packs and opened a few of them. First pack I've opened in a decade, and it's the Enterprise D! What luck! But upon closer inspection, it appears as though it's suffered some battle damage :(

Several cards straight out of these packs have these odd looking blemishes, though this is the most extreme example.

Does anyone know what caused this and if it's a common occurrence?

Thanks!
Attachments:
enterprise-damage-3.jpg
enterprise-damage-3.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 11616 times

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
From what I've heard, it's a printing defect. Don't know if it affects the card's value.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Indeed, it's a printing artifact and a very common occurence; but your E'prise is affected in an abnormally strong manner.
Coincidentally(!?), my first E'prise-D suffered from much the same thing.
It affects Premiere most often, IIRC; especially WB'94 and BB suffered a lot from it; and I'm certain that SB was horrible. (At least my Tin.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:15 am I've seen that printing defect on every WB Enterprise ever. That one is unusually big, though.
Just looked at mine. My 1995 WB Enterprise has the same "battle damage" but my WB 1994 Enterprise does not (nor does my BB 1994 Enterprise)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:38 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:15 am I've seen that printing defect on every WB Enterprise ever. That one is unusually big, though.
Just looked at mine. My 1995 WB Enterprise has the same "battle damage" but my WB 1994 Enterprise does not (nor does my BB 1994 Enterprise)
Lol, I guess I've only ever seen '95 Enterprises.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:50 pm
flrazor wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:17 pm Back in the day we always used to say that it was just Microbiotic Colonies. :wink:
so this enterprise enters play damaged?!
Yes. If it's blemished, it enters play damaged. Easy to remember.

But only if the blemish is ON the ship. Of course.

((New players: this is all a joke -- quality of cards has no influence on gameplay.))

Meaning, also, that owners of the foil version will always get to play it undamaged -- unless there's a 'foil line' that runs through the SHIELDS attribute or through the ship's image.

I salute your avatar, qennywise. (It is It, isn't It?) Haven't looked into its deadlights read the novel, but I majorly enjoyed both of the screen adaptations.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]