For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

How do your organize your collection?

In alphabetical order (different expansions mixed together)
No votes
0%
In alphabetical order by card type & affiliation (different expansions mixed together)
33%
By expansion (I.E. all the AU cards together in order, then all the QC cards, etc. etc...)
39%
Something else?
28%

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have all my cards in alphabetical order by card type and affiliation.

Example: Pages for all the missions, then pages for all the events, then Federation personnel, then Klingon, etc etc... but now that my physical cards are for display only (I print anything I play with), I was thinking of reorganizing everything by expansion. Curious what the norm is for others. I think most people do it by expansion... let me know by voting. Thanks!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've tried many things. But I'm happy with how it is now -- it sounds like a mess perhaps, but it's thematic and RPG-like; which suits me.

First, I sort on Affiliation; roughly Facilities, then Ships, then Personnel sorted into Classifications.
Feds, I sort first into eras, and then -- mainly TOS and TNG/DS9 -- into their Classifications. (I have too few of [CF] for classification-sorting.)
Klingon personnel, I sort into Houses -- alongside the lines of the Treacherous/Duras and Honourable/Gowron sides of the KCW.
Non-Aligned, I sort into races/locations/episodes.

Missions, I sort first in Regions; then -- what's left -- on Affiliation icons, then [1E-S] / [1E-P] (type).

Dilemmas, on type. [1E-P] [Dual] [1E-S]

Other card types, on whether it's [BO] or Affiliation-specific.

[Equ] , on hand weapons, Affiliation specifics (PADD etc.), kits.

Neutral facilities, Nors and Sites have their own section in my binders, so I can visit colonies, stations, and DS9. 8)

I don't use alphabet, really. Border colour is sorted when all else is 'in order'.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Other:

Collection (binders):
By expansions, card type, alphabetical (i.e. by collectors number / card list sorting).

Play set:
Card type - (subtype if applicable) - expansion - alphabetical.

Examples:

Missions: By expansion and alphabetical

Events: Treaties separately, by expansion and alphabetical, same for espionage. Other events, simply by expansion and alphabetical.

Personnel: Federation separately, each faction separately (TNG, VOY, Films, etc), then by expansion and alphabetical within each sub group.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am
eberlems wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:01 pm might be helpful older threads
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34679&p=411432&hil ... ds#p411432
My mind immediately went to the thread with the rubber band option:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41444&p=513768&hil ... nd#p513768
I recently received a collection and many of the cards were bound together with old, brittle rubber bands that had stuck to the stacks. I was trying hard not to hyperventilate while sorting.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am
edgeofhearing wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am
eberlems wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:01 pm might be helpful older threads
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34679&p=411432&hil ... ds#p411432
My mind immediately went to the thread with the rubber band option:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41444&p=513768&hil ... nd#p513768
I recently received a collection and many of the cards were bound together with old, brittle rubber bands that had stuck to the stacks. I was trying hard not to hyperventilate while sorting.
Criminal [SD] Law should have provisions for dealing with perpetrators of such horrendous travesty, swiftly and harshly.

#FirstWorldCrimes

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]