For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Star Trek: Picard is about to premiere a second season of three total planned. It will start March 3 and continue through for ten episodes as Jean-Luc Picard traverses the universe following the ideals of the Federation, which have been marred by recent events.

As with Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Prodigy, I will do another draft, but with a twist this time. Note that the twist will involve some mild spoilers, those of which are already out in the wild, but if you want to go into the season spoiler free, this is your warning!

My previous drafts have been character based where you pick two and get points based on what they do in an episode. This time, you’ll fill out the questions below, most of which require a number. There are a few rules:

You may not copy someone else’s answers. There may be overlap between your answers and another entrant or entrants, but the entirety of your entry may not be a duplicate of someone else’s.

In case of a tie, the first entry will win. Even with the above, we are working with numbers, and it is entirely possible that there will be multiple people with the same score at the end. In that event, we will use whoever posted their entry first.

Except for the last answer, you will not be penalized for a wrong answer. With the sole exception of the final answer, you will gain a point if you are correct and will simply not get a point if you are wrong.

Except for the last two questions, your answer must be a number.

Previously on segments do not count towards episode appearances.

For the last question, you will lose points for a wrong answer. As usual, you will get a point for each correct response, but you will lose a point for each incorrect one. If you respond with “Kirk and Spock” and Kirk ends up appearing but Spock does not, you will gain a point for Kirk but lose one for Spock.

Your entry must be in by the end of the month. There has to be a deadline and we might as well use just before the season premieres. Since the month ends differently based on your timezone, we’ll use the board time so that everyone has the same amount of time to enter.

Before we get to the questions, there are spoilers afoot. Nothing you would not get from the teasers/press releases/available information but if you want to be entirely unspoiled, this is your last chance to leave.

1) How many episodes will Guinan appear in?

2) How many episodes will Q appear in?

3) Which episode (1-10) will first show time travel?

4) How many episodes will show time travel?

5) Which episode (1-10) will first feature scenes set in 2024?

6) How many episodes will take place in 2024?

7) How many episode titles will not be in English?

8) How many episode titles will have multiple parts in the title itself?

9) Compared to the episodes featuring Guinan or Q, will the Borg Queen appear in less, more or the same?

10) Which opening credit regulars from another Star Trek series will be featured this season, excluding Riker, Troi, Data, Picard or Seven of Nine.

Have fun and good luck!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1. 2
2. 3
3. 3
4. 2
5. 3
6. 7
7. 1
8. 2
9. More
10. LaForge
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
1) 2

2) 4

3) 3

4) 5

5) 3

6) 5

7) 0

8) I'm not sure what this means, so I'll guess 2.

9) Less

10) Benjamin Sisko (going with the bold move here)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:30 pm 10) Benjamin Sisko (going with the bold move here)
The bald and dangerous move!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:30 pm 10) Benjamin Sisko (going with the bold move here)
Hehehe…

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Two

Four

9) Compared to the episodes featuring Guinan or Q, will the Borg Queen appear in less, more or the same?
Less

10) Which opening credit regulars from another Star Trek series will be featured this season, excluding Riker, Troi, Data, Picard or Seven of Nine.
Geordi, Worf
 -  
I heard all this talk of there being alternate universe shenanigans afoot and when I see Elnor in the Academy and Rios in the captains seat, my first thought is 'Oh, these are the effects of the alternate universe. Had I listened more closely, I would have heard the truth early on but I loved how the first two thirds of this was finding out what happened after season one. Everyone is in a better place. Season One ended happily enough but everyone is confirmed to have landed on their feet. Picard's speech was a highlight but forward movement is always welcome.

The Borg Queen was a bit of a surprise with this specific appearance, and I was shocked that they had a de-aged deLancie. They had to do something to age up Q but I did not expect him to do so on screen.

We had a good action sequence in there and then it all geos to hell in the end. Next week will presumably show us how crappy things are and give us more Q goodness. Bringing back Q and the Borg in this manner are perfect for a franchise tilted Picard.

During my Lower decks and Prodigy drafts, I ended with a summary but we really will not be able to do that until the very end of the season.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
He did get a name drop. I wonder if I get partial credit. I was way off on the Borg Queen, though.
 -  
Maggie, I have a deep level of respect for you. I've had the pleasure of working with you on several projects and marvel at the work you do.
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:20 pm
He did get a name drop. I wonder if I get partial credit. I was way off on the Borg Queen, though.
With all due respect, I have my limits!
 -  
Answer key:

1 ) How many episodes will Guinan appear in? 5
2 ) How many episodes will Q appear in? 7
3 ) Which episode (1-10) will first show time travel? 3
4 ) How many episodes will show time travel? 2
5 ) Which episode (1-10) will first feature scenes set in 2024? 3
6 ) How many episodes will take place in 2024? 8
7 ) How many episode titles will not be in English? 0
8 ) How many episode titles will have multiple parts in the title itself? 0
9 ) Compared to the episodes featuring Guinan or Q, will the Borg Queen appear in less, more or the same? Guinan same, Q less
10 ) Which opening credit regulars from another Star Trek series will be featured this season, excluding Riker, Troi, Data, Picard or Seven of Nine. Wesley Crusher
The Guardian wrote:
1) 3
2) 6
3) 1
4) 4
5) 1
6) 3
7) 2
8) Like Part 1, Part 2, etc? 2
9) Guinan: more, Q: less
10) None.
Zero.
abargar7510 wrote:
1. 2
2. 3
3. 3
4. 2
5. 3
6. 7
7. 1
8. 2
9. More
10. LaForge
Score: Three
jadziadax8 wrote:
1) 2
2) 4
3) 3
4) 5
5) 3
6) 5
7) 0
8) I'm not sure what this means, so I'll guess 2.
9) Less
10) Benjamin Sisko (going with the bold move here)
Score: Two
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Two

Four

Less

Geordi, Worf
Score: Negative one.

Barring an error on my part, join me in congratulating abargar7510!

Hope everyone had fun and we'll see what trouble we can get into next season.
Last edited by Faithful Reader on Sun May 08, 2022 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:23 pm
Barring an error on my part, join me in congratulating abargar7510!

Hope everyone had fun and we'll see what trouble we can get into next season.
Woohoo!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:23 pm Barring an error on my part, join me in congratulating abargar7510!
Congrats!

By the way, Ross, did you only count Borg Queen appearances that weren’t in Jurati’s head? Arguable, but fair enough. You count the one where the BQ in on a slab as #5?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:41 am
The Guardian wrote:You count the one where the BQ in on a slab as #5?
No pulse, no points!
Ha!

Okay, so what's #5? Borg Queen showed up in Episode 2 and died in Episode 5. Did you count what we now know is Queen Ag in Episode 1 and never corrected it? Because, that means the BQ was in less episodes than Guinan in Question #9, which is why I asked. (The only change in the score is that I get on the board by scoring a lucky point - which is why it stood out to me - but it doesn't change anything overall. I don't mean to rake you over the coals or anything. Just curious.)
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]