For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

well ... here is my story with Enterprise.

Back in the 2005s or so, Enterprise ran on German television. It was awful. Voice acting and voice acting timing was brutal.
The show was really fucked and I thought I'd never watch it again.

A few years later, it was released on Blu-Ray.
I thought: Well ... you have to see it in English.
It was better.
I watched it one time and it was okay-ish.

That was 10 or so years ago, I don't even remember.

Now that my girlfriend is introduced by me into all Trek, we watched TNG, then DS9, then Voyager and yesterday we finished Enterprise.
Watching it a second time, I was really happy.
The ending was tragic and moving.

It was really touching and we both loved the show.
Sad, that there are/were no additonal episodes.

(We started continuing Discovery, also yesterday, and weren't moved by a single minute by it.)

Thoughts?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Season 4 of ENT is a top ten season in all of Trek. Maybe top 5.

It's the best season of Enterprise by a country mile. So much Trek world building happens that's both interesting and satisfying (Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, the founding of the Federation...). Even the Terra Prime stuff, which were hardly my favorite episodes, is an interesting story exploration of the natural human instinct to cling to the known in the face of change, even if the change is for the better.

That last episode though... Oof! Talk about going out on a clunker of a note! :x

I will say, despite the overall terribleness of said finale, to this day, the last 20 seconds hits me right in the feels. Every. Single. Time.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Yeah ... the crossover stuff war creepy.

I think the Terra Prime episode, part II, was the actual ending.
The dialogue between Trip and T'Pol went right to the tear duct.

Because my girlfriend and I had ... onions. Nearby.
Of course ;).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:13 pm Yeah ... the crossover stuff war creepy.

I think the Terra Prime episode, part II, was the actual ending.
The dialogue between Trip and T'Pol went right to the tear duct.

Because my girlfriend and I had ... onions. Nearby.
Of course ;).
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is an absolutely astoundingly moving way to end a four-year television series:
T'POL: Come in.

TUCKER: (trying not to cry) The delegates at the conference, they've asked about the service for, for Elizabeth. They want to attend.

T'POL: She was important.

TUCKER: There's something else. I spoke with Phlox. It turns out there was a flaw in the technique that Paxton's doctors used in the cloning process. Human DNA and Vulcan DNA, Phlox says there's no medical reason why they can't combine. So if a Vulcan and a human ever decided to have a child, it'd probably be okay. And that's sort of comforting.

(T'Pol takes his hand)

THE END
And it genuinely would have been better if that had been the end of the whole series.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actually, I'm quite fond of ENT as a whole; always have been. It took me 3 or 4 rewatches, but eventually I even came to appreciate s3 (Xindi) which I vehemently disliked the first (2) time(s) I saw ENT.

During the first viewing, I absolutely thought s4 was best! Now, not so sure. (Not because I like s4 less; but because I started appreciating s1 and s2 more and more.) But I absolutely love the "closing the ranks" with all the grand-scope multi-ep archs.

Last viewing, I especially re-appreciated the Mirror / Web crossover duology. Awesome writing! And I love what they did with the Klingons and the Augments. (Only to have that, sort of, undone to the max in Disco -- which I liked, but not nearly as much as ENT.)

I read somewhere that
Trip was brought back in a novel, having faked his death (with some crew members' knowledge) in order to be able to work covertly for [SD] Section 31 or some such. I never read that novel, but that's my head canon for it. I mean, if the writers can send us off with that horrible finale, I can do whatever the frack I want inside my head with it. You hear that, writers!? Trip lives! Tucker for President! :mrgreen:

I must say, I started writing this post to feel better, but it isn't working. I'm just pretending Trek is really important right now. :roll:
#tryingtomakelikeanostrich

Still, thanks @Dukat for the -- most probably inadvertant -- effort to distract me. :thumbsup: 8)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The post finale novels by Christopher Bennett are very good if you still have the Enterprise itch to scratch.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:00 pm The post finale novels by Christopher Bennett are very good if you still have the Enterprise itch to scratch.
Is that where the things are mentioned that I spoiler-hid in my post just above here?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:13 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:00 pm The post finale novels by Christopher Bennett are very good if you still have the Enterprise itch to scratch.
Is that where the things are mentioned that I spoiler-hid in my post just above here?
Yes.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:48 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:13 pm
Yes.
Thanks.
I'd only want to read that/those one(s), if I even ever get around to it. And there's so many ENT novels! (As well as other Trek books.) I never knew how to find out which one deals with that issue I hid, without getting more spoilers for the book(s) in question, myself.
However, in general, I'd rather have seen that they put out 10% of the number of total Trek books, and perhaps spend some more time on quality. It was fun reading such stuff in my teens, because then I -- somehow!! -- didn't see the difference yet between the prose quality of a Herbert or Clarke on the one side, and franchise "perpetuators" on the other.
Sadly, it takes as much effort for me to read the later Dune novels with all their philosophical intricacies (which I won't all pretend to understand), as some of the hastily published Wars and Trek books I've sampled (because of the sloppy writing/plotting, which distracts me).

Okay, back unto a "long road", now...
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]